eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 13th, 2020, 3:46 pm

@spotify95 At least if anything, May was a month free of you needing to add to this discussion. :thumbsup:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 13th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Oh dear, today has been a day where all the imbeciles come out from boredom!

Buyer added: squidward.0

Reason: "Don't suppose you can send me the items NOW and we do an iou where I pay in July? It's just I'm literally skint right now. If you don't accept my offer, I'll consider it discrimination against the working class."

Hmm... this sort of language sounds very familiar to someone else I've dealt with previously. The address is also in Hull - the same postcode as where @Kyx lives at currently.
Something fishy's going on, and I'm not having this.

Also, the above quote isn't how eBay works. You buy, you pay, I deliver, end of. No payment = no item.

Action taken: Banned (of course) and user will be reported to eBay.

edit: Turns out this is a banned person trying to sneak back in. No thankyou. You've been reported to eBay.

edit: I WILL NOW BE BLOCKING ALL TROLL ACCOUNTS AND/OR CANCELLING TRANSACTIONS AS I SEE FIT. I DO NOT WANT TO BE SPAMMED BY BULLSHIT "NEWBIES".
BE WARNED: IF YOU ARE NOT A GENUINE BUYER THEN YOU WILL BE BANNED AND REPORTED!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 13th, 2020, 7:34 pm

spotify95 wrote:Oh dear, today has been a day where all the imbeciles come out from boredom!

Buyer added: squidward.0

Reason: "Don't suppose you can send me the items NOW and we do an iou where I pay in July? It's just I'm literally skint right now. If you don't accept my offer, I'll consider it discrimination against the working class."

Hmm... this sort of language sounds very familiar to someone else I've dealt with previously. The address is also in Hull - the same postcode as where @Kyx lives at currently.
Something fishy's going on, and I'm not having this.

Also, the above quote isn't how eBay works. You buy, you pay, I deliver, end of. No payment = no item.

Action taken: Banned (of course) and user will be reported to eBay.

What the actual fuck?! :dunno: :banghead:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 14th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Update 6/14/20

Buyer added: jaxb_5112

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling

Action: Reported to ebay customer services (and banned, obviously).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 14th, 2020, 7:28 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update 6/14/20

Buyer added: jaxb_5112

Action: Reported to ebay customer services (and banned, obviously).

What made you suspect they had multiple accounts and what did they say or do that was trolling?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 11th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Update 11/11/20

Buyers added to list:

fetlock666
Reason: complained that sky plus remote controls weren't working and demanded a refund. Due to return costs and fees associated, it wasn't worth the return, so they got some remotes for free. I hope they're happy - I'm down the best part of £4 due to outgoing postage and PayPal fees.

iocio-57
Reason: if you're going to open a return against me, make sure to communicate properly with me and make sure to actually send the item back - especially when I'm paying your return postage. This was a genuine mistake (sold an OLED display for a Samsung phone, but listed it as for the wrong phone) but at least communicate with me properly (don't ignore me after opening the case) and actually send it back to me using the pre-paid return label (especially when I'm paying for it).

marmellatah
Reason: Complaining to me via message about how the batteries in question (a listing for some Li-Ion batteries) are at 50% of their original capacity (did you not read the description? in the description it tells you everything you need to know about these cells) and then, after explaining why they are the way they are (which, as mentioned, they could have quite easily got from the item description), informs me that my batteries are "hazardous" (they're no worse than any other used Li-Ion battery) and tells me to throw them into a battery recycling bin (the whole point of selling batteries is to AVOID them going into the recycling bins, adding to battery waste problems).

Erm... they weren't free to me, I bought them in a job lot of laptop batteries... no way are they going into battery waste...

Needless to say, none of the above eBayers will be making purchases from me in the future.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 12th, 2020, 12:27 am

Update 11/12/20

Buyer added to list: deadendw53

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling. It is user pinkteddyx64 (has a youtube account and other accounts called dead end waterfall) and has made very similar messages to other items of mine through best offers. You're being reported to eBay (yet again) and if you continue I will phone the police to report you.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 12th, 2020, 2:04 am

spotify95 wrote:Update 11/12/20

Buyer added to list: deadendw53

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling. It is user pinkteddyx64 (has a youtube account and other accounts called dead end waterfall) and has made very similar messages to other items of mine through best offers. You're being reported to eBay (yet again) and if you continue I will phone the police to report you.

What the actual fuck, I don't even have an eBay account of any name so STOP the accusations! :naughty: :@ :evilmonkey: :unimpressed:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 19th, 2021, 8:47 pm

Update 1/19/21. It's now 2021 and the first shout for this year goes to...

i_failed_my_dna_test

Congratulations, i_failed_my_dna_test!

Reason:

I do tend to agree with you , the problem is that bad sellers and bad buyers make ebay dream up bad rules .
A very good example is you ..............You should be registered as a business seller.

A very good example of a bad buyer (or potential bad buyer) is you, and as such, your actions have demonstrated why you shouldn't be allowed to buy from me.

Hence you no longer can buy from me. You're banned, so don't come anywhere near me again!

P.S. I don't take any BS. If there's something about you that makes me think you're going to be a troublemaker, you're added to this list. For good.
This includes any statement such as "you should be a business..."

From now on, ANYONE who replies to ANY of my posts on the eBay community, with ANY comment about me being a business seller (or a business in general) WILL be added to this list WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
So don't accuse me of being a business or you'll be named, shamed, and banned!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 27th, 2021, 1:06 pm

Update 2/27/21

Buyers added to list: 2014_obaf; sha510294

Reason: pretty straightforward. If you bid on an item, you are expected to pay for it if you are the winning bidder, and by placing a bid, you accept that you may be the winning bidder. Thus, you should only bid on items that you can, and are willing to, pay for. It's as simple as that.

Neither of these buyers paid for their items (despite being low value items). They were given plenty of opportunity to pay and were given plenty of advance warning as to what would happen if they did not pay for their items. They still decided that non payment was the way to go.

Non payment of items gives sellers a massive inconvenience: you have to wait at least 2 days before you can open an unpaid item dispute, and then another 4 days to pay before the unpaid item dispute is closed. That's a minimum of 6 days. Then the seller has to relist the item again, and hope that it sells.
Using standard auction durations, that's a total of 2 + 4 + 7 days (auction listings are 7 days as standard, whereas Buy It Now items require payment to be made immediately) which is 13 days total.

So by not paying for your item, you cost the seller a minimum of 13 days before they sell the item again - this does not include if the item fails to sell immediately after the item is relisted.

This is why I have a very dim view towards people who do not pay for their items, and the main reason why this thread exists. It is also why I ban all NPBs (Non Paying Bidders) from any future purchases if they decide not to pay. This includes 2014_obaf and sha510294.

Conclusion: if you do not pay for your items then expect to be added to this list and banned from future purchases. You have been warned!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 27th, 2021, 1:17 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update 2/27/21

Buyers added to list: 2014_obaf; sha510294

Reason: pretty straightforward. If you bid on an item, you are expected to pay for it if you are the winning bidder, and by placing a bid, you accept that you may be the winning bidder. Thus, you should only bid on items that you can, and are willing to, pay for. It's as simple as that.

Neither of these buyers paid for their items (despite being low value items). They were given plenty of opportunity to pay and were given plenty of advance warning as to what would happen if they did not pay for their items. They still decided that non payment was the way to go.

Non payment of items gives sellers a massive inconvenience: you have to wait at least 2 days before you can open an unpaid item dispute, and then another 4 days to pay before the unpaid item dispute is closed. That's a minimum of 6 days. Then the seller has to relist the item again, and hope that it sells.
Using standard auction durations, that's a total of 2 + 4 + 7 days (auction listings are 7 days as standard, whereas Buy It Now items require payment to be made immediately) which is 13 days total.

So by not paying for your item, you cost the seller a minimum of 13 days before they sell the item again - this does not include if the item fails to sell immediately after the item is relisted.

This is why I have a very dim view towards people who do not pay for their items, and the main reason why this thread exists. It is also why I ban all NPBs (Non Paying Bidders) from any future purchases if they decide not to pay. This includes 2014_obaf and sha510294.

Conclusion: if you do not pay for your items then expect to be added to this list and banned from future purchases. You have been warned!

:thumbsdown: :banned:

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Ebay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » February 27th, 2021, 2:05 pm

spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Here we go again.... only this time they are being much more creative and are using multiple accounts to deceive me!

First account was: clearanceschrisnkez

They bought a Giffgaff SIM card from me for 1p including postage (lowest amount possible). I got the SIM sent out (directly through Giffgaff) and waited...
It turns out that there was a problem somewhere, because the buyer decided to open an "item not received" case against me. Probably because their SIM got lost somehow, or they had problems. Anyway, I refunded, and it turned out that they had problems with Giffgaff SIMs in the past, so why buy from an eBay seller knowing full well that it likely won't turn up when dispatched from Giffgaff?

This was on December 4th, 2017. Fast forward to Feb 3rd, 2018 (i.e. 2 months afterwards), and well, what do we have?

Second account: chrisnkezbargains

Bought a SIM from me for 1p including postage. You kinda see where this is going to go, don't you...
I saw that their name and delivery details looked very familiar, but gave them the benefit of the doubt... However, on closer examination, it is the exact same email address and the same postal address, too...

If you know that you have problems with something, and then open a "not received" case against a seller, it is not recommended to then go to the same seller and order the exact same item.... I even hand posted them a SIM after the case was opened (and then closed) to go out of my way to make sure they were covered....

Sorry, no more Mr Nice Guy anymore. Whoever you are, whatever name you like to go by, you are BANNED! DO NOT COME ANYWHERE NEAR MY EBAY SHOP AGAIN!
If you're desperate for a SIM card, go and get one from your nearest supermarket, as they now sell SIMs!

EDIT: it seems like this person has done this to another seller, see feedback:

Never to deal again lied he didn't receive it for a refund of £0.01!!!

And to top it all off? Here is proof: the feedback that I left them on their first account:
Quick payment and fast response - perfect customer, many thanks!
Member ID (redacted) Feedback score of (redacted)

So it seems like they changed their name within the last 2 months... probably to avoid being blocked as they do this all the time!

I've cancelled their order, and are refunding them immediately. They are also being blocked - permanently.

Chrisnkez - do not come anywhere near my shop again. You have been warned...

They've changed their name again! This time it's jazzysdiscounts.

Thankfully, my Blocked Bidders List has auto updated with this information - though double check to make sure it has!

If you have previously banned this user, check that your banned list has updated with this new information, and add it in manually if it hasn't auto-updated.

Now whoever you are - stop changing your name to try and trick other people, and instead actually behave on eBay like everyone is supposed to behave - i.e. properly, by not changing their name every few months (or however long) and by not claiming false INR cases!

► Show Spoiler

He's changed his name again! This time it's:

delboysbestbuys

Opening up an "item not received" case for a 1p SIM card, claiming to have had problems from Giffgaff is just sad. If you really didn't receive it, you write off the 1p, because that is a very small amount in comparison to other things to buy on eBay!

But lying about it? See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/joblot-SIM-c ... 3673596164

Selling a job lot of Giffgaff SIMs means you can definitely receive them OK. I certainly think they lied to get their 1p back...

Steer clear of this person and block them from buying from you!

THEY'VE CHANGED THEIR NAME AGAIN!

This time, it's...

summerandjazzysdvds

Reasoning: as above. See feedback that was left 32 pages back from the last page.

"Never to deal again lied he didn't receive it for a refund of £0.01!!!"

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 6th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Update 3/6/21

1st buyer: huntlricha

Reason: purchased a job lot of halogen light bulbs on a Buy It Now listing, paid for them, then sent the following message:

"hi, may i cancel this order. sorry for the inconveniance"

Why did you buy an item, pay for it, and then decide you don't want it anymore? Is it because you didn't read the description?

All buyers, take note: Read the description of the item in question BEFORE you hit "buy it now" or "submit offer" or "place bid".
If you have any questions/queries about the item, contact the seller first - they will likely be able to answer your query, which should help to confirm whether the item is up to your requirements or not.

Bear in mind that cancelling once you've paid costs the seller money as the PayPal fees are not refunded! Furthermore, once a shipping label has been paid for and attached to the parcel, it is not even possible to cancel the order (and especially so if it has been dispatched via a courier or Royal Mail before the cancellation request has been made).

2nd buyer: michellausti-0

Reason: left a neutral feedback with the comment "It works but sometimes the buttons have a mind of their own" (plus some weird mobile only symbols that are incompatible with these forums). This was for a Virgin Media V6 remote control.

Well let me just inform you that the buttons did not have a mind of their own prior to dispatch as the remote was tested and in a working condition!

You could have contacted me first and then I could have sorted something out for you...

Action(s) Taken: You're both banned from any future purchases. Next time, when you want to buy something, don't do what you did to me...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 8th, 2021, 7:15 pm

Update 5/8/21

rep1066 has been added to the Hit List (or should that be the Shitlist) for being a complete and utter moron.

Actual reason for ban: ordering a SIM card for £0.99, receiving it directly from the phone company, and then claiming it was the "wrong item sent" because the phone company uses different wording to describe the size of a "Mini SIM".
For those of you that don't know, there are three sizes: Mini SIM (also referred to as standard SIM), Micro SIM, and Nano SIM. The latter is often used in modern smartphones; the second size is often used in older smartphones (i.e. from the beginning of the 4G era) and/or lower cost phones, and the first option is often used in legacy smartphones (from the 3G era) and feature phones.
The original sized SIM card (used in the early 1990s) was substantially larger than any of the above and is the size of a credit or debit card!

If the phone company in question uses "standard" instead of "Mini SIM", and I send the SIM out direct from the phone company, then I'm not to blame for any discrepancies; the phone company is to blame (for using different wording).
Though if you go to Wikipedia HERE then you'll see exactly what I am on about.

Full-size SIM

The full-size SIM (or 1FF, 1st form factor) was the first form factor to appear. It was the size of a credit card (85.60 mm × 53.98 mm × 0.76 mm). Later smaller SIMs are often supplied embedded in a full-size card from which they can be removed.

Mini-SIM

The mini-SIM (or 2FF) card has the same contact arrangement as the full-size SIM card and is normally supplied within a full-size card carrier, attached by a number of linking pieces. This arrangement (defined in ISO/IEC 7810 as ID-1/000) lets such a card be used in a device that requires a full-size card – or in a device that requires a mini-SIM card, after breaking the linking pieces. As the full-size SIM is no longer used, some suppliers refer to the mini-SIM as a "standard SIM" or "regular SIM".

And, from the phone company's website:

Our free SIM cards come in all 3 sizes (micro-SIM, nano-SIM and standard-SIM), all you need to do is pop out the SIM that fits your phone.

Hence, you were clearly after a free SIM card and you should have gone direct to the phone company, HERE.

Do not come back to my eBay listings page. That is an instruction.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 22nd, 2021, 2:11 am

Update 05/22/2021

Buyer added to list: captain*kremmen

Reason: see below quote from the eBay community:

Like so many, you ignore facts in preference of unwarranted fear.

Once again when a buyer has paid, that is exactly what they have done. You have no more chance of losing the sale or money than before. The only difference is the time it takes to receive funds.

<snip>

Fears of not receiving payment are groundless, or at least the reasons for that fear are.

On the plus side I will automatically give a negative now for any order that arrives late and can be seen not to have been dispatched in the correct time scale whatever is stated.

Despite buying almost daily at times from both private and business sellers, I have been unable so far to hand out these negatives I would happily give because the vast majority of sellers it seems are not making pointless delays whatever dispatch time they give.

Have to say I'm almost upset there are so many more sensible sellers than these forums would indicate.

As a seller, I am well within my rights to withhold the dispatch of an item until payment has been received by the seller.
With PayPal, this meant payment was received as soon as the item had sold; hence dispatch could be immediate, or take a day or two if it was late in the day and the Post Office/ParcelShop was closed and/or special packaging requirements were needed.
With eBay Managed Payments, this means a 2 working day processing time for payments to be paid out from eBay, plus however long it then takes to clear into your bank account. Normally, this is 2 working days total, but it could be longer - hence a 3 working day dispatch time.

You can't just leave a negative Feedback because you don't like a seller's dispatch time! Dispatch times are based on the sellers' circumstances and can be set from anywhere between same working day and 30 working days!
Overall, a 3 working day dispatch is fair as it allows enough time to get the item posted out, as well as confirming the receipt of payment for the item in question, without causing unnecessary delays (a dispatch of 4-5 working days, or longer, may be seen as irregular).

It seems like you are out on a mission to wreck the chances of sellers who are being cautious about payments (which all sellers have every right to - remember, problems can arise and payments can fail).
Therefore, if you talk about sensible sellers, then I will talk about sensible buyers. You clearly don't seem to be one, henceforth you will be BANNED IMMEDIATELY from any future purchases from me.
You will not have the chance to leave unwarranted negatives, because you won't have the opportunity to. You are a menace and should be treated as such.

Action Taken: captain*kremmen is now BANNED from purchasing any of my items; both now, and in the indeterminate future. Stay away and do NOT cause any disruption. You Have Been Warned!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 22nd, 2021, 2:16 am

Update 05/22/2021 #2

Buyer added to list: bobandcharlies

Reason: same reason as above - see quote below

Wow ! I guess you just have never purchased anything online to make such a statement - you are a seller for customers to avoid like the plague.

If you ever buy online I guess you will be happy with the seller holding you to ransom or changing the terms of the contract at will.

How far would you accept being held to ransom -

Just thinking of some seller ransom demands which you would find not a problem

"Hey I know the concert starts in 10 days but I can't send the tickets for two weeks " If you want them before the concert starts you will need to bring me the cash and collect them from Southern France

I know you ordered pink for your daughter but I want to send black unless you pay an extra £50 then I will send pink" (but only when both payments clear which will be the day after your daughter's birthday) I know I promised delivery in 3 days but hey it doesn't matter you are only the buyer

I think you get the drift -

Wowsers!

Btw, you can't compare a ticketed concert (which is severely time limited) with a standard item sold on eBay, such as a CD, an item of clothing, a piece of technology, a collectable item, etc, which is NOT time limited in any way (.e. it is not critical as to whether it arrives next day, 3 working days or 10 working days).

See above post for my viewpoints regarding dispatch times and eBay "Managed Payments".

Action Taken: bobandcharlies is now BANNED from purchasing any of my items; both now, and in the indeterminate future. Stay away and do NOT cause any disruption. You Have Been Warned!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 22nd, 2021, 2:20 am

Update 05/22/2021 #3

Buyer added to list: master_ic

Reason: Failure to pay for item within 4 days of purchase. eBay now allows the seller to cancel an order if payment is not received in a timely manner.

You could have just contacted me if you were unable to pay - rather than ignoring the private messages and invoices sent.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 22nd, 2021, 11:52 am

Update 5/22 (again!)

Buyer added to list: sethblackcomb

Action taken: Banned and reported to eBay. You can't do this.

Edit: if you promise, and prove, that you won't do this again, I won't report the account. But I don't tolerate nonsense.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210522-114658_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20210522-114658_Gmail.jpg (392.08 KiB) Viewed 16799 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 24th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Update 7/24/21

Buyer added to list: threeisacrowd

Reason: You must be having a laugh, mate! Offering £4.50 including postage on a genuine laptop battery... Yes, the health isn't too great, but it's still worth significantly more than £4.50!
The delivery costs on their own are about £2.80, then you have fees, packaging materials such as bubble wrap, box or jiffy bag, printer ink and paper (for the label), etc... There'll be hardly anything left after everything has been taken care of!

Please take note: whenever I add the "make an offer" option to my listings, I will always set a lower limit (which will be dependent on the item, and will not be revealed to anyone). Below this limit, your offer will be automatically declined - and if I spot anyone who has made a silly offer, you will be added to this list for all to see!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 24th, 2021, 4:18 pm

Update #2

Seller added to list: alungwyther

Reason: inaccurate listing description and providing a very poor user experience

In more detail:
I purchased a HP ZBook 17 laptop from this person - this is a business grade "workstation PC" which is designed to be more powerful and more modular than standard consumer PCs. With 4x RAM slots, 3x storage slots (mSATA and 2.5 SATA - and a fourth if you sacrifice your DVD drive), easy to access, modular components, removable CPU and GPU, this is a monster of a laptop and is what you can truly call a "desktop replacement".

Except... on arrival, this laptop had a BIOS password, which was not mentioned in the listing.

Due to HP's abysmal customer service and terrible attitude towards resolving these solutions (they want you to either replace the main board, or scrapping the computer entirely), there were very limited options to pursue. The option I went for was a case in the resolution center, since the BIOS password was not mentioned in the listing and there was no easy solution.

(The BIOS controls the main inputs and outputs of the PC - in other words, it controls exactly how the hardware interacts with the software and user. It is low level - so controls how the operating system behaves and what devices you can use, in order to reinstall an OS or wipe a disk drive clean of data.)

With a BIOS password, you are unable to change any of the BIOS settings - including, for example, the boot order. This means that you cannot select which device you want to boot from, and if a certain device (e.g. a USB or DVD) is locked from the boot order, you can't re-add it (and thus, you can't boot from it) without this password.
The result? Replacing the SSD with a larger one is out of the question, since it is very difficult to reinstall an operating system. If you want a different operating system to what is already provided, then good luck - it isn't going to happen. If you have a blank drive and want to start afresh, then again, you can't load an operating system, because you can't boot to anything other than the internal hard drive (or SSD).

Of course, I was given a few options to try... none of them worked...

The seller firstly refused to pay the return postage costs (for getting the item back to then); they then provided an incorrect postage label (and refused to provide one with the correct weight). As a result, eBay stepped in and gave me a full refund of the purchase price, including postage costs. The sellers' attitude towards the whole scenario was very poor, with very poor communication skills and sent messages being ignored.

After contacting eBay customer services multiple times (kudos to eBay for sorting this out for me), I was given a return address, and - after fully utilizing the PayPal "Return Postage On Us" scheme - I was able to send the laptop back. Whether it will arrive, is another matter, and whether it will still work when it reaches the seller, is another matter. I've done my bit - and you're lucky you're even getting it back.
If a refund is given by eBay without a return postage label being provided by the seller, then the buyer can (usually) keep the item without return (this was the case with this transaction). Had it not been for the PayPal "Return Postage On Us" scheme, and had I not received a return address, the item would have been kept (as spare parts for other laptops).

Needless to say, I don't recommend that anyone purchases from alungwyther, and they are not welcome to purchase anything from me either.

They only thing they have earned (which they deserve) is a "cases closed without seller resolution" defect.
Earn too many of those over a certain timescale (>0.3% and >2 total cases within 12 months - or 3 months for high volume sellers) and your account will become "below standard", which will result in receiving increasingly tight restrictions being applied to your account.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 9th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Update 9/9/21

Buyer added to list: eastkentcomputers1

Reason: waited 18 DAYS after receiving a laptop battery before opening a case for item not as described. Well, if you really did have a problem with the battery, you should have contacted me upon arrival of the battery - and certainly not waited 18 days.
When the laptop battery was received back... it was in perfectly working order (according to my testing equipment), which is exactly how it was sent out!

You've just cost me £4.60 in lost postage costs and fees!

Don't buy anything from me again (not that you'll be able to).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 24th, 2021, 1:29 pm

Update 9/24/21

Buyer added: bythelightofthemoon107

Reason: not knowing how eBay works?

In detail: purchased an iPod docking station from me and then wanted to cancel - after they had paid for it, and after I had paid for the postage to send it?
Then left a message on a different item (a portable Bluetooth speaker) saying you wanted me to send that item out instead? You hadn't even bought the other item!

They then decided to send back the iPod docking station by mis-using and abusing the "item not as described" returns when you clearly didn't want the item to begin with! Thankfully, after reporting you to eBay Customer Services, I was given the return postage costs back - and managed to get the outgoing postage costs back via my payment provider.

Also - once an item has been paid for, it has been paid for, and it will be sent out. It will not be canceled, or anything else like that.
Refunding once paid (and canceled) will result in the loss of fees, which will not be reimbursed - including ad fees where appropriate!
Plus, it wastes the sellers time in that they have to re-list the item and hope it sells to someone else.

Conclusion: If you want to buy an item from me, you're more than welcome to. But make sure it's actually the item you want, and don't change your mind once you'd paid for the item. DO NOT try to swap an item once you have paid for it (via eBay Messages, or otherwise), and DO NOT abuse the "Money Back Guarantee" by claiming "item not as described" on an item that you don't actually want, as it breaks the eBay policies!
If you have an item that you don't want, you keep it and then sell it on (via whichever platform you choose) to get some money back. If you make a loss via this method, then tough - you should learn to only bid on something you actually want to receive!

It's safe to say that you won't be buying from me again.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 21st, 2021, 5:49 pm

Update 12/21/21

Buyer added: ubx400

Reason: leaving a neutral feedback with the following comment: "Product good delivery time lengthy due to usual courier who seems to take ages"

I'm not responsible for any delays that arise due to courier delivery times. If you have any problems with the couriers (Hermes in this case), then take it up directly with the courier, don't take out your frustration on me.

The order was created on December 02, 2021. The label was printed off on December 04, and the item was dropped off at the local ParcelShop on December 06.
Since December 04-05 was a weekend, and not classed as working days, the dispatch date of December 06 was 2 working days after the order was placed, i.e. within my standard dispatch time.
The fact that Hermes took an additional 4 days to deliver it (Hermes state they are a 2 to 4 day courier) is not down to me, and is instead down to how the courier has handled and delivered the parcel. I cannot be responsible for delays that occur within the couriers' network.

Next time, you won't have a choice in the matter... because there won't be a "next time". You won't be purchasing any items from me again, both now and in the indeterminate future. Stay away - you are banned!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 31st, 2021, 7:15 pm

Happy New Year... well, almost. It's the last day of 2021, and we're ending this year with a bang!

Buyer in question: alstondavid2011

Congratulations for being the last eBayer to hit the Shitlist in 2021!

Reasoning as follows:

1. Purchased a 3.7V Li-Ion battery (fully checked and capacity tested)
2. Sent the following mesage: "The battery is no use does not hold a charge im asking for a refund do you whant it back"
3. Then left a negative feedback "The battery does not hold a charge"

It DID hold a charge because I charged it up fully using a battery analyzer, as well as giving it a full capacity check. It was rated at 8400mAh (when new) and came out at over 7000mAh+ when tested at 1A on my battery analyzer! Maybe you didn't charge it up fully, or didn't connect it up properly, or something like that... but the problem is not the battery.

Furthermore, not even allowing the seller (i.e. myself) time to actually try and resolve anything with you before leaving a negative feedback is not helpful. You are just trying to cause detriment to sellers on eBay, including myself. And to answer your question, you do NOT receive ANY refunds unless the item is received back (at buyers' expense) and either (a) received back in the same condition as received, or (b) proven to be faulty upon return. No item back = no refund. Simple as.

Given how you've treated me, I don't think I'll be giving you the courtesy of a refund anyway, even if you asked nicely. You don't deserve my custom. And you certainly don't deserve to come back to my eBay sales page. That's why you're now BANNED from making any future purchases from me.

Happy New Year, you complete and utter moron. Next time, treat your sellers fairly and with respect. Or just go back to whatever fantasy word you were living in...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 31st, 2021, 9:54 pm

Actually no, the last post of the year goes to...

Potential buyer: zadaw_84

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling, I don't know who you are but you're better than this.

Evidence: see screenshot below. Please note that the postcode will not be blanked out due to the nature of such troll accounts.

Action: banned, will be reported to eBay in the New Year
Attachments
scammer.png
scammer.png (110.02 KiB) Viewed 14026 times

Return to “The Marketplace”