If the 5 elevators of your apartment gets stuck...

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
unturned_cake
The jungle girl

If the 5 elevators of your apartment gets stuck...

Postby unturned_cake » November 28th, 2019, 11:59 pm

And the cherry on top is that your room is at 29th floor :eek:
All the 5 elevators are out of service. Theres a huge queue...gents one side, ladies on the other...

Oh and its 1 am Thursday night :moon:
What would you do? :gah: :gah: :gah:

@Kyx @spotify95 @pinkteddyx64 @coleslaw

JessPlaysGames

Re: If the 5 elevators of your apartment gets stuck...

Postby JessPlaysGames » November 29th, 2019, 12:54 am

unturned_cake wrote:And the cherry on top is that your room is at 29th floor :eek:
All the 5 elevators are out of service. Theres a huge queue...gents one side, ladies on the other...

I roll for initiative

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 29th, 2019, 6:16 pm

unturned_cake wrote:And the cherry on top is that your room is at 29th floor :eek:

Use the people who are queuing as stepping stones to get to another floor, where either the lifts start working, or there are stairs to your floor.

Or just make someone else live on the 29th floor!

Ps, I wouldn't mind being that high, as the higher you are, the stronger your received (and transmitted) signal, so my 7W FM Transmitter will give quite a signal if placed on the 29th floor!

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » November 30th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Kyx wrote:

I roll for initiative

:thumbsup:
Bonus points if everyone present there knows D&D :D

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » November 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm

spotify95 wrote:

Use the people who are queuing as stepping stones to get to another floor, where either the lifts start working, or there are stairs to your floor.

Opting for stairs would be like 1 week worth of gym ig :)

Lol so generous of you :H
Ps, I wouldn't mind being that high, as the higher you are, the stronger your received (and transmitted) signal, so my 7W FM Transmitter will give quite a signal if placed on the 29th floor!

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 30th, 2019, 6:59 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Opting for stairs would be like 1 week worth of gym ig :)

Lol so generous of you :H

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

Well yeah, I kinda know what you mean, even going up 6 flights of stairs at my university is tiring enough! so going up to floor 29 would be a bit of a push!

and I've heard of people getting quite a range out of some of the small radio transmitters, so transmitting from the 29th floor would give good results! As an example, our university's FM transmitter (before it closed) was on a building that had 8 floors (albeit on the highest point of the campus).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 30th, 2019, 7:14 pm

spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

If we have TBAAJ Radio, who ultimately decides on the playlist? Me or you? :hmmmm:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 1st, 2019, 12:10 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

If we have TBAAJ Radio, who ultimately decides on the playlist? Me or you? :hmmmm:

That is the question...

Since you own this site, and put the most effort into it, you'd have the majority of choices, but I'd also have some choices, for providing the equipment. ;)

Plus, we'd have to accept requests from other TBAAJ members :yep:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 1st, 2019, 12:39 am

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

That is the question...

Since you own this site, and put the most effort into it, you'd have the majority of choices, but I'd also have some choices, for providing the equipment. ;)

But if you dare to play the JCB song, I'll have to leave in anger and do this to the studio as I leave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9AdMbyTu_o

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 1st, 2019, 1:58 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

That is the question...

But if you dare to play the JCB song, I'll have to leave in anger and do this to the studio as I leave:

No, don't worry, won't play that as I don't like it myself, it was the first song ever (in my school taxi) to be infamously given the "minus" rating on my Music Scale. :p

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 1st, 2019, 2:03 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

That is the question...

Said I'm Luke, I'm 5, and my Dad's Bruce Lee,
Drives me round in his JCB. :teehee:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 1st, 2019, 2:05 pm

Kyx wrote:

I roll for initiative

I'm sure that @coleslaw once made a thread on here about him using initiative to get in somewhere he otherwise couldn't access. :p

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » December 2nd, 2019, 9:35 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

TBAAJ Radio, anyone? ;)

That is the question...

Aww i like JCB tho :gah:

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » December 3rd, 2019, 9:24 am

spotify95 wrote:

Well yeah, I kinda know what you mean, even going up 6 flights of stairs at my university is tiring enough! so going up to floor 29 would be a bit of a push!

blessing in disguise :rambo:
and I've heard of people getting quite a range out of some of the small radio transmitters, so transmitting from the 29th floor would give good results! As an example, our university's FM transmitter (before it closed) was on a building that had 8 floors (albeit on the highest point of the campus).

Universities had their own Fm? :cool:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 3rd, 2019, 4:57 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Yea, this is my university's local radio station: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_FM

Unfortunately it no longer broadcasts on FM:

In 2018 a decision was made by the management board of the station to not apply for a second extension of its community radio licence. While never publicly communicated, the station management told its members that it wished to focus solely on providing an experience for De Montfort University Students. The Chief Executive Officer of De Montfort University Students' Union Penni Robson cited undesirable administration burdens, costs and an unwillingness to service community broadcasters as the reason for not supporting the renewal of the licence.

P.S. I spoke to the technical staff at Demon FM and they stated that they wanted to focus more on the university students - basically what is stated above. Whether this will be the right idea or not, I do not know - many students now use Spotify Premium and you don't even have to have an NUS card (or similar - unlike how it was when I studied); all you need is a valid university email address and they do the checks then. So many DMU students may not even be using Demon FM due to the availability of Spotify!

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » December 5th, 2019, 11:24 am

spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Yea, this is my university's local radio station: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_FM

In 2018 a decision was made by the management board of the station to not apply for a second extension of its community radio licence. While never publicly communicated, the station management told its members that it wished to focus solely on providing an experience for De Montfort University Students. The Chief Executive Officer of De Montfort University Students' Union Penni Robson cited undesirable administration burdens, costs and an unwillingness to service community broadcasters as the reason for not supporting the renewal of the licence.

P.S. I spoke to the technical staff at Demon FM and they stated that they wanted to focus more on the university students - basically what is stated above. Whether this will be the right idea or not, I do not know - many students now use Spotify Premium and you don't even have to have an NUS card (or similar - unlike how it was when I studied); all you need is a valid university email address and they do the checks then. So many DMU students may not even be using Demon FM due to the availability of Spotify!

Nice :gah: ( rlly cool name too :p )
do they know the decline of listeners tho? :o

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 6th, 2019, 10:04 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Yeah, it fitted in quite nicely, university name De Montfort University, radio station Demon FM :)

Yeah they probably did know all about the decline of listener numbers :p but still went for it anyway, me thinks the beginning of the end of demon fm :p

It was a shame because I used to listen quite a lot (mostly online but sometimes fm too) and they were decent, but too repetitive

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 6th, 2019, 10:14 pm

spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Yeah, it fitted in quite nicely, university name De Montfort University, radio station Demon FM :)

Yeah they probably did know all about the decline of listener numbers :p but still went for it anyway, me thinks the beginning of the end of demon fm :p

It was a shame because I used to listen quite a lot (mostly online but sometimes fm too) and they were decent, but too repetitive

And it was partly thanks to the existence of Demon FM that started off all those nonsensical 'Can Is', remember? ;)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 6th, 2019, 10:23 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

And it was partly thanks to the existence of Demon FM that started off all those nonsensical 'Can Is', remember? ;)

Yes, it was, due to that really weird and repetitive Union song... at least I think that's what it was...it's been a while :p.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 6th, 2019, 10:28 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Yes, it was, due to that really weird and repetitive Union song... at least I think that's what it was...it's been a while :p.

You asked on Yahoo Answers about throwing bricks at their studio. ;)

Return to “Chat”