BT Wifi

Need a bit of advice on something? Ask right here! ^_^
JessPlaysGames

BT Wifi

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 23rd, 2017, 12:55 pm

I'm currently using public BT Wifi and it is so fast and good. So much better than VM.

BT > VM

:yep:

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: BT Wifi

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 1:38 pm

Kyx wrote:I'm currently using public BT Wifi and it is so fast and good. So much better than VM.

BT > VM

How are you even able to get onto the public BT Wi-Fi? I've tried in the past, with very little success. Do you have to be a BT customer?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 23rd, 2017, 3:14 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:I'm currently using public BT Wifi and it is so fast and good. So much better than VM.

BT > VM

How are you even able to get onto the public BT Wi-Fi? I've tried in the past, with very little success. Do you have to be a BT customer?

If you're not a customer with them you have to pay for access.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 23rd, 2017, 3:42 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

BT > VM

I'm not a customer, and it just said enter your details for free wifi :dunno:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 23rd, 2017, 4:49 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

BT > VM

I'm not a customer, and it just said enter your details for free wifi :dunno:

Some you do have to pay for though.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 6:53 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

BT > VM

I tried connecting my phone to BT Wifi with FON and ended up getting a message that you have to pay for the Wi-Fi, cheapest is £5 per hour, £6.95 per day, £17.95 for 5 days, or £39 per month.

I've also connected to BTWifi, which comes up with £4 per hour, £10 per day, £25 for 5 days or £39 for 30 days (1 month). That is even more expensive than BTWifi with FON, unless you get it in 1 hour increments.

But anyway, both are so expensive, that there is no way I am paying that; I can get a 3UK unlimited/30GB SIM for less than that per month!

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 23rd, 2017, 7:58 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

BT > VM

I tried connecting my phone to BT Wifi with FON and ended up getting a message that you have to pay for the Wi-Fi, cheapest is £5 per hour, £6.95 per day, £17.95 for 5 days, or £39 per month.

I've also connected to BTWifi, which comes up with £4 per hour, £10 per day, £25 for 5 days or £39 for 30 days (1 month). That is even more expensive than BTWifi with FON, unless you get it in 1 hour increments.

But anyway, both are so expensive, that there is no way I am paying that; I can get a 3UK unlimited/30GB SIM for less than that per month!

I was connected to BTOpenzone or something similar ?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 8:37 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

BT > VM

I was connected to BTOpenzone or something similar ?

I certainly remember BT Openzone in the past, though I think that was the old system, which has been superseded by this BT Wi-Fi system that I am seeing now?

Certainly in my area, anyway.

edit: According to this:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta ... hotspot%3F

BT Openzone does still exist, but most of the wi-fi hotspots are actually BT Wi-fi, or BT Wi-FI with FON - not Openzone.

Return to “Advice & Support”