All this time I was blaming VM and it was my VPN

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

All this time I was blaming VM and it was my VPN

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 8th, 2017, 4:48 am

I turned off my VPN and I now have

PING: 7 ms (13 for my laptop)
Download: 20.10 Mbps (22.00 for my laptop)
Upload: 6.08 Mbps (around 5 for my laptop)

Although without the VPN and with everyone online speeds are similar to that used with the VPN. In fact I turned the VPN off because the Wifi and the data both would not connect.

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: All this time I was blaming VM and it was my VPN

Postby spotify95 » August 8th, 2017, 8:22 am

Kyx wrote:I turned off my VPN and I now have

Although without the VPN and with everyone online speeds are similar to that used with the VPN. In fact I turned the VPN off because the Wifi and the data both would not connect.

Hmm, so decent speed after all! VPNs and proxies do slow down your connection, so unless you need it for anything (like James_W dupes) then your best bet is to just use the actual Wi-Fi connection.

Glad to hear things are a little better!

Zak
The king of the jungle

Re: All this time I was blaming VM and it was my VPN

Postby Zak » August 8th, 2017, 10:01 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:I turned off my VPN and I now have

Hmm, so decent speed after all! VPNs and proxies do slow down your connection, so unless you need it for anything (like James_W dupes) then your best bet is to just use the actual Wi-Fi connection.

Glad to hear things are a little better!

A few days ago i changed the DNS from that which i've had with my isp's ( BT broadband ADSL) to Googles public DNS servers and noticed faster web browsing and no time outs

Of course i realise this may not be possible with mobile devices but if Kyx uses a laptop with a hard wired connection, give it a try.

Return to “Chat”