Changing from Virgin Media

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

Changing from Virgin Media

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 14th, 2017, 12:34 pm

We are changing from Virgin Media but we have to keep it secret because the council that own these houses and we are renting from say the only wifi you are allowed is Virgin Media :o

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Changing from Virgin Media

Postby spotify95 » July 14th, 2017, 1:06 pm

Kyx wrote:We are changing from Virgin Media but we have to keep it secret because the council that own these houses and we are renting from say the only wifi you are allowed is Virgin Media :o

Moderator Action

I have merged these posts as there were 4 identical threads.

You should be allowed free choice of whoever you want to use - and Virgin Media is not recommended at all. I'd switch to Sky if I could but parents insist on sticking with Virgin Media.

If (when) I move out, I will be getting some other provider - most likely BT or Sky.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 14th, 2017, 1:34 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:We are changing from Virgin Media but we have to keep it secret because the council that own these houses and we are renting from say the only wifi you are allowed is Virgin Media :o

Moderator Action

You should be allowed free choice of whoever you want to use - and Virgin Media is not recommended at all. I'd switch to Sky if I could but parents insist on sticking with Virgin Media.

If (when) I move out, I will be getting some other provider - most likely BT or Sky.

I understand the action :)

I agree. And they won't even pay for the wifi.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 14th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Moderator Action

The trouble is, we used to have a Sky dish installed on our wall (when we moved in; we took it down not long after moving it as we were using Virgin) so we could have gone back to Sky for TV and phone, and Sky FTTC broadband, which would give better download and upload speeds than what we get from crappy Virgin.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 15th, 2017, 4:03 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Moderator Action

The trouble is, we used to have a Sky dish installed on our wall (when we moved in; we took it down not long after moving it as we were using Virgin) so we could have gone back to Sky for TV and phone, and Sky FTTC broadband, which would give better download and upload speeds than what we get from crappy Virgin.

Wifi was just down for 14 minutes and now we have an upload speed of 0.26 Mbps.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 15th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Moderator Action

Sue James_W for it. :)

Please could you post one in CTAM?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 15th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Moderator Action

You ought to complain about this on the Virgin Media Community! :yep:

0.26Mbps is terrible... you'd have better speeds on 3G tethering, and 4G tethering would be even quicker still.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 15th, 2017, 10:06 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Moderator Action

You ought to complain about this on the Virgin Media Community! :yep:

0.26Mbps is terrible... you'd have better speeds on 3G tethering, and 4G tethering would be even quicker still.

Maybe I will

Return to “Chat”