Reported! (Again...)

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Reported! (Again...)

Postby spotify95 » June 30th, 2017, 3:13 pm

I've just had to re-report a low pressure sodium lamp in my area that is stuck on during daylight hours.

This lamp had a similar issue only a couple of months ago, it was stuck on during daylight hours. After being reported (via FixMyStreet) it was fixed and not on during the day, but was not upgraded to an LED and is the same LPS fitting.

About a month or so ago, the light re-developed the fault and is still on during the daytime. I've had to re-report (this time using the Northamptonshire County Council page) and have insisted that this is replaced with an LED, or replaced with something that isn't low pressure sodium. Let's see where this goes...

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Reported! (Again...)

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 30th, 2017, 3:27 pm

princechromey wrote:I've just had to re-report a low pressure sodium lamp in my area that is stuck on during daylight hours.

This lamp had a similar issue only a couple of months ago, it was stuck on during daylight hours. After being reported (via FixMyStreet) it was fixed and not on during the day, but was not upgraded to an LED and is the same LPS fitting.

About a month or so ago, the light re-developed the fault and is still on during the daytime. I've had to re-report (this time using the Northamptonshire County Council page) and have insisted that this is replaced with an LED, or replaced with something that isn't low pressure sodium. Let's see where this goes...

Funny you should say that as last night I noticed that when I was at Tesco last night, the roundabout nearest to the road leading to the petrol station and car park had it's HPS lights replaced with LED ones, but there was one still left as HPS but when I went again this afternoon, the remaining HPS light had been replaced too!

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 30th, 2017, 3:38 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:I've just had to re-report a low pressure sodium lamp in my area that is stuck on during daylight hours.

Funny you should say that as last night I noticed that when I was at Tesco last night, the roundabout nearest to the road leading to the petrol station and car park had it's HPS lights replaced with LED ones, but there was one still left as HPS but when I went again this afternoon, the remaining HPS light had been replaced too!

Hmm, I wonder why they replaced all but one that time? Probably due to limited resources or working hours?

The HPS lamps in our High Street have now come down and are being replaced with what looks to be metal halide - though I will have to check another day when the works have been fully carried out.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 30th, 2017, 3:43 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder why they replaced all but one that time? Probably due to limited resources or working hours?

The HPS lamps in our High Street have now come down and are being replaced with what looks to be metal halide - though I will have to check another day when the works have been fully carried out.

I think it's down to the roundabout beign very busy. Hopefully the council's schedule of replacing LPS lights on a roundabout further down the round before the end of this year will be stuck to!

Please could you post on CTAM again?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 30th, 2017, 3:56 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I think it's down to the roundabout beign very busy. Hopefully the council's schedule of replacing LPS lights on a roundabout further down the round before the end of this year will be stuck to!

Quite possibly, after all, traffic considerations also have to be taken into account.

I will post in CTAM but only after I've finished helping TSR's merge into the next thread part. (It's that time again.)

Also, I received the following regarding the light in question:

Thank you for this information, we have issued a fault on this on our reference number 72834.
Please be advised the old lighting in and around the car park area is still under a review process by Northampton County Council and until we have been given a decision as contractors for the Council all we can do is repair the fault.

So it looks like it will stay LPS for the while. If I knew how to, I'd replace it with either CFL ES (removing all the internals), or if push comes to shove, remove the fuse so that it is permanently off.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 30th, 2017, 4:05 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Quite possibly, after all, traffic considerations also have to be taken into account.

I will post in CTAM but only after I've finished helping TSR's merge into the next thread part. (It's that time again.)

Also, I received the following regarding the light in question:

Thank you for this information, we have issued a fault on this on our reference number 72834.
Please be advised the old lighting in and around the car park area is still under a review process by Northampton County Council and until we have been given a decision as contractors for the Council all we can do is repair the fault.

So it looks like it will stay LPS for the while. If I knew how to, I'd replace it with either CFL ES (removing all the internals), or if push comes to shove, remove the fuse so that it is permanently off.

Can I sue Northampton County Council because they won't use LED lights?

Also, are you going to point out on CTAM that the one on here isn't too far away from 100k yet is still on part 1?

Return to “Chat”