What would you do with £10 million?

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

What would you do with £10 million?

Postby JessPlaysGames » March 10th, 2020, 4:10 am

@unturned_cake @spotify95 @pinkteddyx64

I would buy a nice little house that’s quite close to the Hull City Centre so I can visit all the shops near there, and it’s not far to the cinemas or train station. I could easily get a 2 bedroom house for £100,000. I would spend maybe £10,000 on decorations and the necessary gadgets like toaster and kettle, maybe another £10,000 on gaming PC and gaming room setup.

I would turn the living room into a D&D room, I would have a 7 seater table (1 seat at one end of the table for the DM, and 3 seats on either side for the players) with dice trays, place to put their character sheets and notes, built-in ipads so they can access their online character sheets and spell descriptions, etc. (total cost probably around £5,000)

Under every seat would be a bookcase with every single D&D book (there are currently 23 books with a new one coming out on March 17th and an average cost of around £20 each means £480 for all of them, and 7 sets is £3,360).

I would also have every seat have a separate secret screen that only the person sitting there can see, so other characters and the DM can send secret messages through group chats and stuff (another £3,000?). And the centre of the table would have a huge screen which we would use as a battle map, the DM screen would allow me to change the image on the screen. There would be surround sound speakers everywhere in the room, and also mood lighting so I can change the mood by changing the light colours (IDK, £20,000?). And all the D&D figures would probably be a few thousand too.

These estimates are on the high side, so it’s possible to get my dream house for less than £250,000 and I’ll still have £9,750,000 to spend. I’ll probably use that for food and stuff, and I’ll probably get cameras to livestream the D&D sessions if all the players were fine with that.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: What would you do with £10 million?

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 10th, 2020, 12:06 pm

Kyx wrote:@unturned_cake @spotify95 @pinkteddyx64

I would buy a nice little house that’s quite close to the Hull City Centre so I can visit all the shops near there, and it’s not far to the cinemas or train station. I could easily get a 2 bedroom house for £100,000. I would spend maybe £10,000 on decorations and the necessary gadgets like toaster and kettle, maybe another £10,000 on gaming PC and gaming room setup.

I would turn the living room into a D&D room, I would have a 7 seater table (1 seat at one end of the table for the DM, and 3 seats on either side for the players) with dice trays, place to put their character sheets and notes, built-in ipads so they can access their online character sheets and spell descriptions, etc. (total cost probably around £5,000)

Under every seat would be a bookcase with every single D&D book (there are currently 23 books with a new one coming out on March 17th and an average cost of around £20 each means £480 for all of them, and 7 sets is £3,360).

I would also have every seat have a separate secret screen that only the person sitting there can see, so other characters and the DM can send secret messages through group chats and stuff (another £3,000?). And the centre of the table would have a huge screen which we would use as a battle map, the DM screen would allow me to change the image on the screen. There would be surround sound speakers everywhere in the room, and also mood lighting so I can change the mood by changing the light colours (IDK, £20,000?). And all the D&D figures would probably be a few thousand too.

These estimates are on the high side, so it’s possible to get my dream house for less than £250,000 and I’ll still have £9,750,000 to spend. I’ll probably use that for food and stuff, and I’ll probably get cameras to livestream the D&D sessions if all the players were fine with that.

I would have a house custom designed and built on a spare bit of land at the end of a cul-de-sac in Hull that is near to a regular bus service to and from the city centre. The house would be three storeys tall, and with at least five bedrooms, in the roof would be my library and study area with a large circular window looking out towards the Humber Bridge.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » March 10th, 2020, 7:47 pm

Intriguing question and intriguing futures :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd roam around the world :D :D :D after depositing 7 mill in Lehman Brothers bank :rofl:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 9th, 2020, 11:40 am

Kyx wrote:@unturned_cake @spotify95 @pinkteddyx64

Good plan ;)

I'd probably do the same sort of thing, get myself somewhere to live, get the necessities, get a nice gaming PC, maybe even a simulator (for my F1 games), have a decent setup for electronic tinkering (and for recording YouTube content), oh, and make sure there is decent internet available, that is better than the shoddy Virgin Media that we currently have. 5Mbps upload, what a joke that is!

That should leave me at least 9 million out of the 10 million in question - that should be enough to buy one of the Class 43s and a full set of carriages, right? :)

P.S. if you don't know what a Class 43 is, it's this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British ... ss_43_(HST)

One of the best trains you will ever travel on, despite their age, and better than most of the new ones they're being replaced with !

Return to “Chat”