I almost went to Loughborough, Derby, or Sheffield today. Ask me anything :D

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

I almost went to Loughborough, Derby, or Sheffield today. Ask me anything :D

Postby spotify95 » February 14th, 2020, 8:37 pm

As the title suggests.

Earlier this morning, I was rather tired, so had a quick nap - though I woke up just in time to run off my train and to the station platform. A few moments later and I'd have been going to Loughborough, Derby or Sheffield!

Also, out of the places mentioned, where would you like to visit the most, and why? :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: I almost went to Loughborough, Derby, or Sheffield today. Ask me anything :D

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 14th, 2020, 9:38 pm

spotify95 wrote:As the title suggests.

Earlier this morning, I was rather tired, so had a quick nap - though I woke up just in time to run off my train and to the station platform. A few moments later and I'd have been going to Loughborough, Derby or Sheffield!

Also, out of the places mentioned, where would you like to visit the most, and why? :)

I would have said Sheffield, due to the interesting nature of the whole place, but since I've never been to Derby before, then I would say Derby, just because I could broaden my horizons a little bit by visiting a new place. :)

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: I almost went to Loughborough, Derby, or Sheffield today. Ask me anything :D

Postby spotify95 » February 16th, 2020, 9:01 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I would have said Sheffield, due to the interesting nature of the whole place, but since I've never been to Derby before, then I would say Derby, just because I could broaden my horizons a little bit by visiting a new place. :)

I've never been to any of those places, but I'd have to say Sheffield first, then Derby, then Loughborough.

I actually purchased my TV aerial equipment from a company in Sheffield, because they sell far superior quality items compared to other places. Of course, I got a local firm to install everything, as I am nowhere near Sheffield.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 16th, 2020, 9:02 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I've never been to any of those places, but I'd have to say Sheffield first, then Derby, then Loughborough.

I actually purchased my TV aerial equipment from a company in Sheffield, because they sell far superior quality items compared to other places. Of course, I got a local firm to install everything, as I am nowhere near Sheffield.

www.aerialsandtv.com by any chance?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 16th, 2020, 9:14 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

http://www.aerialsandtv.com by any chance?

Yup! :) You know of that place? :)

they just redesigned their website recently, to make it "mobile friendly", and their products are top quality. I don't know of any other company that gives a "lifetime warranty" on any pole or bracket sold. In fact, a cheapo Argos or Screwfix Special wouldn't last a year, let alone a lifetime :D

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 16th, 2020, 9:30 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

http://www.aerialsandtv.com by any chance?

Yup! :) You know of that place? :)

they just redesigned their website recently, to make it "mobile friendly", and their products are top quality. I don't know of any other company that gives a "lifetime warranty" on any pole or bracket sold. In fact, a cheapo Argos or Screwfix Special wouldn't last a year, let alone a lifetime :D

:yep: I've known about it for at least the past 10 years and it was partially what inspired me to join DS in the first place. During my very, very early days of DS, I only ever used to post in the Freeview, Freesat and Broadcasting parts of the forums.

I also love the fact that despite the redesign, it still doesn't bombard you with annoying pop-up messages about cookies and/or privacy settings.

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » February 19th, 2020, 10:50 am

Sheffield FTW cuz my childhood fave characters went to an institute named as such :p

I wonder long the journey would take to reach Sheffield :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 1st, 2020, 4:58 pm

unturned_cake wrote:Sheffield FTW cuz my childhood fave characters went to an institute named as such :p

Leicester to Sheffield on my train takes 1 hour and 4 minutes :)

It would have also cost an extra £25.10 return... a coach would have been cheaper if traveling from Leicester to Sheffield.

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » March 2nd, 2020, 7:03 am

spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:Sheffield FTW cuz my childhood fave characters went to an institute named as such :p

It would have also cost an extra £25.10 return... a coach would have been cheaper if traveling from Leicester to Sheffield.

Quite near :)

I see...(lol by coach i initially thought it as carriage ( more specifically pumpkin carriage for some weird reason loll) and im like huh who goes on carriages in 21st century, later a google search made me get it... it was a bus ride!!! :D :D :D )

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 5th, 2020, 2:40 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

I see...(lol by coach i initially thought it as carriage ( more specifically pumpkin carriage for some weird reason loll) and im like huh who goes on carriages in 21st century, later a google search made me get it... it was a bus ride!!! :D :D :D )

Yeah, though double the time it takes me to get from my home station to Leicester! But still, a lot less than getting to Hull...
Yep, pretty much the same as a bus ride, so it takes longer, and is slower... but you shouldn't get any problems with mobile signals, as buses do not have metallic windows, unlike the 222s that operate between Leicester and Sheffield!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 6th, 2020, 4:33 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Funny you should say that - check this review out by an unhappy customer of EMR:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5e5e4 ... 0864ac5857

"I would much rather pay a fraction of the price for a guaranteed seat on a coach even if it is a 4 hour journey instead!"

I'd personally avoid EMR at all costs, and if there was anyone else also doing the train services to Leicester, then I would be using another company.
In fact, although not cheaper by any means, and not quicker either, I wonder if it would be more comfortable getting a bus (or various buses) from my house into Leicester?

Also check out reviews about East Midlands Trains as well as other reviews about EMR.

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » May 29th, 2020, 3:01 pm

spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Funny you should say that - check this review out by an unhappy customer of EMR:

"I would much rather pay a fraction of the price for a guaranteed seat on a coach even if it is a 4 hour journey instead!"

I'd personally avoid EMR at all costs, and if there was anyone else also doing the train services to Leicester, then I would be using another company.
In fact, although not cheaper by any means, and not quicker either, I wonder if it would be more comfortable getting a bus (or various buses) from my house into Leicester?

Also check out reviews about East Midlands Trains as well as other reviews about EMR.

Woahhh its that bad at EMR :o :o :(

Have you experimented it out? :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 29th, 2020, 4:57 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

The trains that they use need severe refurbishment, they are in a right state... They are also overcrowded (especially at certain parts of the day), they are late (reliability is pretty poor indeed), the Wi-Fi is so congested that it's unusable, the 3G/4G is screened by the metallic windows, the tickets are far too expensive for what they should be, and the station staff (certainly at Leicester) need to learn a few things in customer service (not to mention that they can't organize anything!).

It is currently not feasible, because having to go by various different buses would be a bit of a nightmare. The best alternative would likely be buying a decent used car, insuring it/taxing it etc, and driving to/from Leicester instead... Though Leicester to Hull, or Leicester to Birmingham, could be done by coach, which I'd probably do if any part of the train journey involved EMR.
Around Leicester itself, the buses are fine.

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » May 29th, 2020, 6:44 pm

spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

The trains that they use need severe refurbishment, they are in a right state... They are also overcrowded (especially at certain parts of the day), they are late (reliability is pretty poor indeed), the Wi-Fi is so congested that it's unusable, the 3G/4G is screened by the metallic windows, the tickets are far too expensive for what they should be, and the station staff (certainly at Leicester) need to learn a few things in customer service (not to mention that they can't organize anything!).

It is currently not feasible, because having to go by various different buses would be a bit of a nightmare. The best alternative would likely be buying a decent used car, insuring it/taxing it etc, and driving to/from Leicester instead... Though Leicester to Hull, or Leicester to Birmingham, could be done by coach, which I'd probably do if any part of the train journey involved EMR.

I wonder after all the feedback why arent they takin action :/

I see :/

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 30th, 2020, 12:23 am

unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
unturned_cake wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

I wonder after all the feedback why arent they takin action :/

I see :/

I don't know if they even read those reviews, but ultimately it's not really a good experience, and since I started my university studies in 2013 (I'm not a student anymore), the experience of using the trains has deteriorated drastically. If I was a student, or was recommending anything to students, it'd be to stay permanently in accommodation (despite the extra cost).

Return to “Chat”