Weird Google language messup?

Discuss music, TV programmes, channels, radio stations, photography and film, media celebrities and also print and online media here, plus the technical aspects of television.

Moderator: pinkteddyx64

coleslaw
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Weird Google language messup?

Postby coleslaw » 27 Jan 2018, 17:00

Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

Notice the forest player who scored in the 88th min is written in a different language for no apparent reason. I tried refreshing the page and it still comes up like this. The weirder thing is, I know Vellios scored, a Greek player, and that writing is definitely not Greek. It looks more like sanskrit or Thai. Anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Re: Weird Google language messup?

Postby unturned_cake » 03 Nov 2019, 07:59

coleslaw wrote:Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

Notice the forest player who scored in the 88th min is written in a different language for no apparent reason. I tried refreshing the page and it still comes up like this. The weirder thing is, I know Vellios scored, a Greek player, and that writing is definitely not Greek. It looks more like sanskrit or Thai. Anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

you're close enuf dats hindi :thumbsup: n youre ryt it says Vellios :)
google needed a brek ig? :rofl:

coleslaw
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby coleslaw » 05 Nov 2019, 13:57

unturned_cake wrote:
coleslaw wrote:Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

you're close enuf dats hindi :thumbsup: n youre ryt it says Vellios :)
google needed a brek ig? :rofl:

my amateur interest in linguistics pays off :D you speak hindi? I couldnt find any mention of a similar problem online and it's only happened that once. I didn't bother reporting it!
Liking the avi btw :thumbsup:

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » 05 Nov 2019, 20:08

@coleslaw
Yep it did :D ( i can read a bit :) )
Wud hav been a serious issue if it had often :rofl:
Thnx :)

Return to “Media”