eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » March 13th, 2022, 12:17 am

Guess we have another update!

Potential buyer: chinwendu9

Reason: Do you really think I'm going to accept a quarter of the asking price of one of my items? Offering £10 INCLUDING POSTAGE on a job lot of laptop batteries up for sale for £40 is not a good idea. Do you really think I'll accept that?!
I wouldn't accept such a low offer even if I was desperate to sell the item...

If you look on eBay for other job lots of laptop batteries, you'll find that they sell for somewhere close to £2 per battery pack, or slightly less if sold in auction format (or in bulk). Offering 50p per battery pack is going to get you nowhere.

Action Taken: I think it's pretty what I have to do - protect myself, as well as other eBay members, from such low and insulting offers. Goodbye...
Attachments
banned.png
banned.png (274.28 KiB) Viewed 37963 times
chinwendu9.png
chinwendu9.png (37.08 KiB) Viewed 37963 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 13th, 2022, 1:04 am

UPDATE 5/13/22

Buyer in question: givepawltd

Reason: Having the IQ of a retarded gnat and not having the mental capacity to act in the way a decent human being would act.

In depth reasoning:

Purchased a Freeview HD receiver box (with power supply) on Friday, May 05, 2022. The listing stated a 2 working day dispatch (note: this is working days, not calendar days) which meant that I should dispatch the item on or before Monday, May 09, 2022. (Note that Saturday and Sunday are not classed as working days.)
The item was dispatched on May 09, i.e. within the stated dispatch time, and the item was collected by the courier on May 10.

Just one day later, on May 11, this buyer opens "item not received case" stating the following:

I do not need this item as this is taking too long. It's already 6days and no item. delivery was advertised in 3 days

Please note the sentence I wrote above. Saturday and Sunday are NOT WORKING DAYS as not all couriers deliver on these days (at least without a hefty supplement being paid!), so 2 days (working or not) put the latest possible dispatch to Monday, May 09, 2022 (i.e. this was met without any problems).
eBay's advertised estimated delivery dates are exactly that - an estimate - and may not always factor in all circumstances.
In this case, the "estimated delivery" of 3 days was incorrect - as a dispatch time of 2 working days was selected (and met), and the "other 48 hour courier" option had been selected. In other words, the item is likely to be delivered within 2 working days of the item being dispatched. Two days dispatch plus two days delivery is four days in total (working or not, this does not matter) so eBay's "3 day postage" estimate was completely incorrect and would never have been met even if the courier had picked up the item on the same day as the dispatch.

They also stated the following:

I already purchased today a new TV box as this delivery is taking too long and it's not scheduled till Friday as I can see per Track info. For this reason, I will return this item to you. I will refuse delivery at the atempt of delivery and the item will be returned to you...

The item was not delivered on the Friday. It was delivered on the Thursday (that's May 12, 2022), which means that the delivery took place 2 working days after it was picked up from the drop off point. This is exactly what I stated within the listing, so my dispatch of the parcel meant that I had met my requirements, and 2 working day delivery meant that the courier had successfully met their requirements.

However, that's not the end of the story. Rather than refusing delivery (so that the item would go back to me), the buyer actually accepted the delivery of said item. The fact that they bought another item is irrelevant, since they purchased mine first. If my item becomes surplus to your requirements, you keep the item as a spare, or you re-sell it on (which would be easy for you as you have an eBay business account - more later). You don't refuse delivery for the sake of it, and you certainly DO NOT do what you actually did...

So, the buyer has an item they do not require. What is the best way to deal with this issue?
Apparently, the correct way to deal with this is to falsely state that the item is "not as described", so you can get a free return of the item back to me (at my expense!)... see below message:

givepawltd wrote:item was described, with delivery in 3-4 working days. item received late and I already have purchased this item elsewhere like to return an item for a full refund

This has nothing to do with the item not being as described (it was as described). This is clearly a way of you trying to get a free return back to me, since I do not accept "change of mind" returns (I do not expect people to buy my items and play around with them, like trying something before you buy it - as it's not you that loses the postage costs paid every time something like this happens). This is clearly a change of mind request being falsely badged up as a "not as described" request.

If you want to return it back to me then you can do at your own expense. Not mine. You've already caused significant detriment by opening two cases (of different types) against me, both of which will adversely affect my seller metrics simply because they were opened - even though I had fulfilled my requirements perfectly and had not done anything wrong. You've cost me £2.64 in outgoing postage costs and eBay transaction fees (which I cannot claim back for...) and you want to cost me another £2.34 in free return postage back to me again?! That's £4.98 that I'll have lost due to your incompetency (plus the wasted time of you buying my item, relisting the item, and trying to find a competent buyer who actually knows how to purchase an item on an online selling site), and therefore an extra £4.98 (plus associated fees) that I'll have to increase the item costs by, when it eventually gets returned back to me!

Action Taken: You've done enough damage to me. I won't let you get away with this to anyone else.
You are hereby banned from purchasing from me again. You have also been reported to eBay for mis-use of the money back guarantee.

Let this be a warning to everyone else that this type of behavior is NOT acceptable in any way, shape or form. Please do not have business with givepawltd on eBay - add this person to your "blocked bidder lists" so they cannot cause damage and detriment to your sales, and do not purchase anything from this seller either.

edit: This person should know better as they are a registered business! See link to GOV.UK business details and eBay Store details.
Business details attached - note: these details are in the public domain via their eBay page and a quick "Google Search" of the business name so I'm free to post them as I require.
Attachments
banned.png
banned.png (274.28 KiB) Viewed 37695 times
givepawltd.png
givepawltd.png (68.86 KiB) Viewed 37695 times

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 13th, 2022, 8:18 am

spotify95 wrote:givepawltd

Details to follow. 05/13/22.

At least you got through an entire calendar month without the need to post on this discussion.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 16th, 2022, 11:55 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:givepawltd

Details to follow. 05/13/22.

At least you got through an entire calendar month without the need to post on this discussion.

Indeed, but you don't really want to have to add to this in the first place, because it means that someone (on eBay) has messed you about unnecessarily!

Details added 5-14-22

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 15th, 2022, 6:24 pm

Update 7/15/22

Buyer in question: servic_3399

Reason: offering just £30 (including postage!) for a laptop worth £79.99. This is almost a £50 discount, and is simply unacceptable.

I paid about £30 for the laptop when I received it in its "non-working" state.
Since then, it has been downgraded to Windows 7 (an operating system that actually works with this hardware) and had an SSD added, to increase the performance of the device.

The work that has been put into getting this laptop ready for sale is not free, and in any case, selling for £30 would result in about £8 loss after fees and postage are taken into account - this not including the cost of the SSD and any other time/effort I have put into this machine!

As mentioned previously, if you are going to use the Best Offer feature then please make a sensible offer, not an insulting offer.

Actions Taken: Offer declined, user banned from future purchases (so no, you're not having this laptop, servic_3399).
Screenshots attached as proof of offer (and to show everyone just how stupid you are).

P.S. Postcode not hidden due to timewaster, you don't deserve anonymity.
Attachments
servic_3399_declined.png
servic_3399_declined.png (15.46 KiB) Viewed 37378 times
servic_3399.png
servic_3399.png (15.81 KiB) Viewed 37378 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 15th, 2022, 6:18 pm

Update 9/15/22

Buyer: pcommunity1

Problem: Returned a battery to me, made me foot the return postage costs and required a refund after the battery was completely unresponsive on return. You've just cost me a battery from a job lot and now I have to chase the courier(s) for both my outgoing postage AND return postage costs.

Actions Taken: You are hereby BANNED from purchasing from me again, go and find another supplier for your laptop batteries. I will continue to sell mine, just not to you.

Reason: Battery was perfectly working when sent out (measured 95% health!). On return battery was not communicating at all - possible BMS failure, possible battery abuse from buyer.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 1st, 2022, 12:50 pm

Update 12/01/22

Top marks go to the special customer "codinop" for not realizing that Royal Mail have been having strikes going on for the last few days, and that anything that is too small to go as anything other than a letter/large letter, as well as too low value to be upgraded to a tracked/signed for service, is going to be delayed and won't meet eBay's unrealistic delivery times.

Bonus marks if you did that just because you saw the item was listed as Royal Mail delivery, or you knew the strikes were going on, and therefore knew that the item would never meet it's "estimated delivery" - as eBay aren't extending delivery times and 4 of the last 7 days have been non-delivery days because of Royal Mail workers striking (also read: not being bothered enough to deal with the parcels and letters that they are OBLIGED to deliver).
The Royal Mail strikes have also been affecting other couriers, though note that other couriers offer full tracking end to end, and with a tracking number that can be used to prove a successful delivery.

Also note that only Tracked 24, Tracked 48 and Special Delivery are being prioritized through this industrial action - anything else will get stuck in the backlog, which will only increase as more parcels enter it! This is why you shouldn't use Royal Mail delivery services when their workers are striking over pay! Personally, I'd give their workers a pay cut, not a pay rise, for the inconvenience of trying to bring the UK's main parcel (and letter) delivery service to a standstill during the run up to Christmas (and during Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend).

In any case, codinop, you are hereby BANNED from any future purchases. I would also recommend everyone else bans this person from future purchases as they clearly don't understand that "Royal Mail Strikes" means NO MAIL DELIVERIES! Hope you enjoy your FREE Core 2 Duo T6400 CPU, and hope the problem was something more catastrophic than just your laptop's processor!
Attachments
Banned.jpg
Banned.jpg (317.49 KiB) Viewed 36399 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 15th, 2023, 9:33 pm

Update 1-15-23

I don't know whether you're a buyer or a seller, but more-ackers, you do not have the right to accuse people of being a business when they are asking for help on how to get combined postage costs on an item. You especially don't have the right to then accuse ME of being a business (I am not) when I tell you where the correct place to post your posts are...

If you did that on any other forum, you'd be warned. If you did that here on TBAAJ, you'd be banned. Thereby you are BANNED from any purchases from me (not that you have bought from me in the past, and you won't have the opportunity to in the future).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 21st, 2023, 12:45 am

Update 1-21-23

Buyer in question: antoniomansfield

Reason: purchased an item from me (external DVD drive) and left a neutral feedback with the comment "Vg".

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Vg mean Very Good?! If so, why the heck have you left a neutral feedback - should be a positive!

Action: If you've done this once to me, you're probably going to do it again...or not because you're banned from future purchases! Enjoy your DVD drive, but don't come calling again.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 23rd, 2023, 10:09 am

@spotify95 Just out of interest, can we name and shame SELLERS in this discussion too? (Not that I need to currently).

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 25th, 2023, 9:09 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:@spotify95 Just out of interest, can we name and shame SELLERS in this discussion too? (Not that I need to currently).

Of course - this is for both dodgy buyers and dodgy sellers :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 23rd, 2023, 2:53 pm

andrevestal0 added to the list.

Reason: please remember to view the item description BEFORE placing a bid or making a buy it now!

Return to “The Marketplace”