Mystery boxes

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Mystery boxes

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 21st, 2022, 11:16 am

@spotify95 I've got a suggestion for you with regards to what you sell on eBay. Why not do a mystery box where the theme of what you are selling, such as electronics, is known, but the boxes exact contents are unknown until the buyer receives it?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Mystery boxes

Postby spotify95 » May 25th, 2022, 6:00 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:@spotify95 I've got a suggestion for you with regards to what you sell on eBay. Why not do a mystery box where the theme of what you are selling, such as electronics, is known, but the boxes exact contents are unknown until the buyer receives it?

I've actually seen these "mystery boxes" before on eBay, but I haven't purchased any in the past. However, I have seen them on sites such as YouTube, where the purchaser records opening these boxes to give an idea as to what they may contain. Usually, the items are varied, sometimes do not live up to meeting the expected quality that the buyer was expecting, and in my opinion are too much of a risk for me to sell. I would personally not feel comfortable of doing this unless I was sure that the items were of decent quality, and did not have any risk of "item not as described" returns/cases or negative feedback received, due to not being happy with the contents.

Items that are of decent quality are usually sold on individually, whereas some items are sold on in smaller job lots if they are more suited to being sold that way. On some occasions, if the items are of too low quality, or not likely to sell in my usual methods of listing items, then I will create a bulk "wholesale job lot" of miscellaneous items - sort of similar to a mystery box - except that I list each and every item that is included, as well as make sure that each item is included somewhere in the photographs.
(Note that with these miscellaneous wholesale job lots, a free Giffgaff SIM card is automatically included, to try and recruit new members.)

Thanks for the idea though :)

Return to “The Marketplace”