eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Ebay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 10th, 2019, 8:55 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Here we go again, another special buyer that is worthy of a mention!

This time, it's:

nique1971-8

Reason: buying a portable wind up/solar radio from me (tested and in good working order) and then to leave a neutral feedback saying that "the winder/spring coil are quite knackered".
Unless the winder was damaged in the shipping, then this is not possibly true as I tested it beforehand?!

If there was a problem with your purchase then you could have contacted me via message and I could have tried to help you out?

At least they haven't left a negative, nor have they dinged my star ratings.

But they have earnt something - a ban from purchasing from me again!
Maybe next time you should try resolving any problems with your seller BEFORE leaving feedback!

If they had dinged your star rating, would you have considered doxing them? :sly:

This is not the place for doxing anyone :p If we're to try and warn anyone about potential buyers/sellers to avoid, doxing isn't the way to go about things :nah:

Or, if you had the powers to, would you ban their eBay account or restrict their privileges?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » May 22nd, 2019, 9:45 pm

Here's another gem of a buyer...

The person in question is:

sonierde-0

Reason: opening up an "item not received" case (delivery HAD been attempted, see below) and then posting this:

"Hi just want to let u know that item not arrived. All I've got today is a card from post today is a card saying I have to pay £3 for a item waiting for me to pick up. Only item I am waiting for is from yourself. I should have received item yesterday.. If it is <redacted> then I'm not happy that I have not received yet plus I have to go pay an extra £3 on top as its supposed to be free delivery. I'm disappointed. I want to know what u can do about this please. I want item but don't see why I should pay £3 towards postage"

You paid £1.99 for the item including postage - yet you have the cheek to demand an additional £3 for covering Royal Mail's slip-ups?!

I checked the dimensions when I posted the item and they were within the postal requirements for the type of parcel I sent out. Obviously Royal Mail have clamped down on sizing, or there was an error somewhere - but as the buyer, you are responsible for any additional costs that may arise, through whatever circumstances.
You purchase the item, I send it out, the chosen service delivers to you as the buyer.

If it was an expensive item then I may have helped chip in towards RM's postage charge of £3, to make you happy (not that I would use RM for anything of any high value). But the item cost just £1.99 including postage. Do you really think I will use a "parcel" service, costing a minimum of £2.51 to post (not including eBay and PayPal fees)?
Postage isn't completely "free", it has to come from somewhere...

The buyer has been refunded in full, though surprisingly, I only lost 4p more than if I'd have sent it via Parcel2Go (the next cheapest option).
But in any case, if you have any problems with a transaction, you contact the seller via "I have a question about using the item or I want to send the seller a message".
You do NOT open up an "item not received" case to complain and demand a £3 surcharge payment when the item cost just £1.99.

My dealing with you is finished. You've got your money back. If you want the item, sort it out with the Post Office. Otherwise, it'll be returned to me.
But you won't be buying it again.
You won't be buying anything else from me again.
You are BANNED from my eBay user page and do not have the right to purchase from me ever again.
And I know your name/where you live, so don't try any stunts on me, or anyone else, again...

edit: This person has adversely affected my "item not received requests" service metric, from 0.44% to 0.79%... do they really want me to become below standard and hit hard by eBay?! If I was you, I'd ban this person from ever buying from you again - like I have done.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 21st, 2019, 9:52 am

Update time!

Next person who deserves a mention is:

naeem260810

Reason: opened an untrue "item not as described" return for some Li-Po batteries that I sent them. They claim that the cells "Discharge very quickly not holding charge", yet they have been capacity tested at a 1A discharge and all hold 1300 - 1700mAh capacity?!
What were you doing with those cells? What current were you trying to pull from them?!

Given that they only cost 99p plus the shipping cost, it would have been more beneficial to just keep them, then look to see if you can get any higher capacity cells from me to put in parallel? as I have some 6Ah cells!
Instead you decided to fraudulently open a NAD case to try and get a free return because you weren't happy with them.

Therefore, you can have your money back, since it is more hassle than it's worth to get a return on these batteries. If the return was requested, I'd have to pay an additional £3.10 for a Royal Mail return label - and given how Royal Mail have a bad attitude with batteries of any kind, they'd likely get intercepted before I received them back.

However, by doing this, you've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You're lucky this was for a 99p item, otherwise you'd be having much more of a challenge. Do NOT purchase from me again (not that you'll ever be able to!).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 21st, 2019, 10:25 am

And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Reason: returned a Macbook laptop battery because they weren't happy with it. It had been sat in storage for a little while and therefore their Macbook wasn't happy with it, so wanted to return it, which I was happy enough doing.
They returned the item via Hermes, through eBay messaging (unlike the person in the above post) - this way, the item was returned without any issues. Until this point...
Buyer asked for a refund, which was absolutely fine. Then demanded an extra £3.06 for the return shipping!
Sorry, but return shipping is your responsibility, and I can only refund the actual purchase price through PayPal (no more).

My policy is that if you want to return an item, then you certainly can - but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I be responsible for the return shipping costs.

The person then decided to dent my DSR's and leave a negative feedback (the first one to my name) because I wouldn't cover that £3.06 (which incidentally, should have been £2.78 - they added in delivery guarantee, which was not required).
Sorry, but you shouldn't really be on eBay at all if you're going to leave that sort of attitude towards your sellers.

You've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You are BANNED from my eBay listings and are not welcome to purchase from me again.
You're also lucky that I'm not releasing your details onto this forum as well.

:banned:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 21st, 2019, 11:35 pm

spotify95 wrote:And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Reason: returned a Macbook laptop battery because they weren't happy with it. It had been sat in storage for a little while and therefore their Macbook wasn't happy with it, so wanted to return it, which I was happy enough doing.
They returned the item via Hermes, through eBay messaging (unlike the person in the above post) - this way, the item was returned without any issues. Until this point...
Buyer asked for a refund, which was absolutely fine. Then demanded an extra £3.06 for the return shipping!
Sorry, but return shipping is your responsibility, and I can only refund the actual purchase price through PayPal (no more).

My policy is that if you want to return an item, then you certainly can - but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I be responsible for the return shipping costs.

The person then decided to dent my DSR's and leave a negative feedback (the first one to my name) because I wouldn't cover that £3.06 (which incidentally, should have been £2.78 - they added in delivery guarantee, which was not required).
Sorry, but you shouldn't really be on eBay at all if you're going to leave that sort of attitude towards your sellers.

You've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You are BANNED from my eBay listings and are not welcome to purchase from me again.

Idiot. :#

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 21st, 2019, 11:49 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Idiot. :#

My opinion was even stronger than that when he gave the negative...

I did not deserve a negative feedback for fully refunding the buyer of their purchase price.
And no I'm not going to bend over backwards for some people.
When you buy things online from most places, they don't ever refund you the outgoing postage, they often just give a free returns label (i.e. one lot of postage refunded only).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 22nd, 2019, 12:39 pm

Update time:

User in question: tranquil-1

Reason: replying to a thread I made on the eBay community with off topic nonsense about me being a business seller... Guess what, I am NOT a business!

From now on, anyone accusing me of being a business (when I'm not one) will be added to my Ignore List on the forums and also this banlist.
Therefore, so does tranquil-1.
Do NOT Purchase From Me. You Have Been Warned.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 23rd, 2019, 11:57 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update time!

naeem260810

Reason: opened an untrue "item not as described" return for some Li-Po batteries that I sent them. They claim that the cells "Discharge very quickly not holding charge", yet they have been capacity tested at a 1A discharge and all hold 1300 - 1700mAh capacity?!
What were you doing with those cells? What current were you trying to pull from them?!

Given that they only cost 99p plus the shipping cost, it would have been more beneficial to just keep them, then look to see if you can get any higher capacity cells from me to put in parallel? as I have some 6Ah cells!
Instead you decided to fraudulently open a NAD case to try and get a free return because you weren't happy with them.

Therefore, you can have your money back, since it is more hassle than it's worth to get a return on these batteries. If the return was requested, I'd have to pay an additional £3.10 for a Royal Mail return label - and given how Royal Mail have a bad attitude with batteries of any kind, they'd likely get intercepted before I received them back.

However, by doing this, you've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You're lucky this was for a 99p item, otherwise you'd be having much more of a challenge. Do NOT purchase from me again (not that you'll ever be able to!).

Follow up!

Look at the feedback they gave me...

They only gave a feedback saying "excellent" because they got refunded in full without return, i.e. a free set of batteries!

Needless to say, this confirms my reasoning on banning this person from future purchases.

Knock off the cheek - if you have a problem, contact me first and give me time to help resolve your problem, as that is often the best way. Don't demand a return or a refund without first asking me to help you resolve your problem! :banned:
Attachments
feedback.png
feedback.png (242.31 KiB) Viewed 20954 times

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 24th, 2019, 7:04 am

spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Update time!

naeem260810

Follow up!

Look at the feedback they gave me...

They only gave a feedback saying "excellent" because they got refunded in full without return, i.e. a free set of batteries!

Needless to say, this confirms my reasoning on banning this person from future purchases.

Knock off the cheek - if you have a problem, contact me first and give me time to help resolve your problem, as that is often the best way. Don't demand a return or a refund without first asking me to help you resolve your problem! :banned:

Aaaah, the joys of eBay at their finest....... :rolleyes: :mad:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 26th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Two more additions to this list!

Added to list 7/26/19:

kiahgreene1995
beaconmo-50

Reason: both buyers did not pay for their items despite multiple warnings, multiple invoices and unpaid item cases being opened 48 hours after the auction ended.
You had a total of 6 days to pay for the items... I should not have to wait longer than this for payment of items - especially low value items!

If you have a problem paying for something, just send me a message via the eBay Messaging system and I might just agree to let you pay later, so long as the time frame is reasonable. So long as you stick to your promise, everything is fine.
If you don't stick to your promise, it's a little less fine, and unpaid item cases will be opened.
If you just completely ignore all warnings, and refuse to pay full stop... you get what you deserve. Don't waste my time!

beaconmo-50 definitely has no excuse because they purchased multiple items from me and I sent them an invoice with a combined shipping rate!

Now I have to relist all affected items and hope that they sell...

These two people have been banned from purchasing from me again - they've wasted too much of my time. This is not a playground... this is an online auction site whereby placing a bid means you must follow through with the payment and purchase if your bid is the winning bid!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 1st, 2019, 1:10 pm

Now it's a dodgy seller...

Seller in question: conmo3288

Reason: sent an item out to me that was not as described. I opened a request for return, the buyer refunded me without giving me a postage label (i.e. refund without return).
Then purchased another item from the same seller, paid for it as normal.
Seller then today cancelled the order, stating "out of stock or damaged" and upon further inquiry, the cancellation was actually due to the previous "not as described" case, because the seller refunded me without giving me a return postage label (and therefore could not return).

So now I lose out on a nice item that I was looking forwards to receiving...

Appropriate feedback has now been left. I would strongly recommend avoiding this seller at all costs. The seller in question has also been banned from purchasing from me (if they ever wanted to).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 4th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Buyer in question: beaconmo-50

Reason: mis-using the "Best Offer" feature by offering just £1.01 on a set of Lithium Ion batteries that were for sale at £8.50.

Note to all: on any listing with Offers, I (as a seller) protect myself from lowball offers like these by automatically declining them.
Please do not send silly low offers like this as they will not be seen; they will be auto rejected.

If I do catch people making silly offers like this then they are subject to losing their buying privileges on all items I am selling, now and in the indeterminate future.

Action Taken: Banned from purchasing from me ever again. Do not attempt to purchase from me again as you will not be able to.
Learn how the Best Offer feature works before using it again and don't send silly insulting offers to any seller.

edit: Seems like this person was already banned for being a NPB. Keep this up and your time on eBay will be very short lived.
I would strongly discourage any seller from allowing this person to purchase from them...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 13th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Buyer added to list: cjb.230776

Reason: Opened an "item not as described" case for a laptop battery that was being sold as "for parts or not working" and "no returns accepted" because their laptop's motherboard would not accept the battery - i.e. the buyers' laptop was faulty, not my battery that I sold them. This is a mis-use of the "not as described" returns process.

Action Taken: Fully refunded, but not until I'd received the item back (and lost £3 in postage and fees). You're also banned from purchasing from me again, so do NOT purchase from me again using this, or any other, account. You are not welcome here!

I also advise you to properly read the item description of any item you look at before clicking "submit bid" or "buy it now" on any future item.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 22nd, 2019, 11:27 pm

This time, it's a triple update - three buyers added to the list in one go, and for the same reason.

The buyers were...

1. james.c_8
2. imranghoni2014
3. lim-liz-mfjt1v7z9

All of the above people obviously thought it was acceptable to bid on an item without paying for it... because this is what happened!

Seriously, if you bid on an item, you are expected to pay for it. I don't mind waiting for a day or two, in case you're not available to pay immediately after the auction ends - and if you contact me first, I might extend it if you have a genuine and valid reason. But if you just sit there and don't bother paying at all...

Each buyer mentioned in this post had at least 6 days to pay for their item (some had up to 8 days) and all had multiple invoices/direct messages stating what would happen if they didn't pay... obviously they failed to take my advice on board, which is not a good idea.
It also messes me about, and I now have to relist those items in question, hoping that I can sell them at the same (or similar) price as before.

As mentioned many times before - contact me if you have any queries or questions, and contact me if you have difficulty paying. If you want to cancel an order, contact me - whether I agree to a cancellation is another matter, but it will be better than ignoring all payment reminders etc etc.

All buyers listed above are now banned from purchasing from me again as they have wasted my time. Pay for your items next time (though there won't be a next time for any of my items).

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 23rd, 2019, 10:29 am

spotify95 wrote:Buyer in question: beaconmo-50

Reason: mis-using the "Best Offer" feature by offering just £1.01 on a set of Lithium Ion batteries that were for sale at £8.50.

Note to all: on any listing with Offers, I (as a seller) protect myself from lowball offers like these by automatically declining them.
Please do not send silly low offers like this as they will not be seen; they will be auto rejected.

If I do catch people making silly offers like this then they are subject to losing their buying privileges on all items I am selling, now and in the indeterminate future.

Action Taken: Banned from purchasing from me ever again. Do not attempt to purchase from me again as you will not be able to.
Learn how the Best Offer feature works before using it again and don't send silly insulting offers to any seller.

edit: Seems like this person was already banned for being a NPB. Keep this up and your time on eBay will be very short lived.
I would strongly discourage any seller from allowing this person to purchase from them...

Here's another one!

Buyer in question: star_captain

Reason: mis-using the "Best Offer" feature by offering just £3.00 on a laptop battery that was for sale at £12.00.

Note to all: on any listing with Offers, I (as a seller) often protect myself from lowball offers like these by automatically declining them.
Please do not send silly low offers like this as they will not be seen; they will be auto rejected. And on the occasion that they are seen, then you're going to get a roasting...

edit: see screenshots for details. If you see an item you are interested in, dont offer 25% of what the seller is asking, it's just insulting!
Attachments
Screenshot_20190923-101244_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190923-101244_eBay.jpg (227.49 KiB) Viewed 20289 times
Screenshot_20190923-100936_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190923-100936_eBay.jpg (236.69 KiB) Viewed 20289 times
Screenshot_20190923-100924_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190923-100924_eBay.jpg (656.3 KiB) Viewed 20289 times
Screenshot_20190923-100902_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190923-100902_eBay.jpg (406.81 KiB) Viewed 20289 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 21st, 2019, 10:46 am

Update 11/21/2019:

Buyer in question: amyelizabethh1

Reason: made an offer on a job lot of items I was selling, offer was accepted. I even went out of my way to lower the postage cost, which would result in an overall loss, but would get the items in question cleared (as they were surplus to requirements).
They messaged me for the P&P reduction, then made no further contact - after several invoices, messages, and an unpaid item dispute opening on the 3rd day, they still did not pay for their item.
The auction was for 99p plus shipping costs. The accepted offer was £5.00 including the shipping. Why they refused to pay, I do not know...

Now I have to relist the item and hope it sells...

Consequence: Banned from purchasing from me again (and yes, that does mean the ban is permanent). Go and shop elsewhere.
Unpaid item strike was applied to the account - one more, and you won't be able to purchase from most sellers (remember, a lot of sellers have their preferences to block anyone with 2 or more non payment strikes in 12 months, due to the problems that these non payers cause).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 21st, 2019, 11:48 am

spotify95 wrote:Update 11/21/2019:

Reason: made an offer on a job lot of items I was selling, offer was accepted. I even went out of my way to lower the postage cost, which would result in an overall loss, but would get the items in question cleared (as they were surplus to requirements).
They messaged me for the P&P reduction, then made no further contact - after several invoices, messages, and an unpaid item dispute opening on the 3rd day, they still did not pay for their item.
The auction was for 99p plus shipping costs. The accepted offer was £5.00 including the shipping. Why they refused to pay, I do not know...

Consequence: Banned from purchasing from me again (and yes, that does mean the ban is permanent). Go and shop elsewhere.
Unpaid item strike was applied to the account - one more, and you won't be able to purchase from most sellers (remember, a lot of sellers have their preferences to block anyone with 2 or more non payment strikes in 12 months, due to the problems that these non payers cause).

At least you made it through the whole of October without any of this shit taking place. :) :thumbsup:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 21st, 2019, 9:55 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Update 11/21/2019:

At least you made it through the whole of October without any of this shit taking place. :) :thumbsup:

Yeah... :) It's always good to not update this, if you know what I mean, because whenever there's an update, it means that someone has done something they shouldn't have, that's had a negative impact on my eBay experience!

Non payers are surprisingly common, actually. If you look through this thread, you'll find that the most common reason for being added, is due to non payment - and messing about, trying to relist afterwards, hoping that the item actually sells...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 27th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Update 11/27/19

Buyer added to list: bad_wolf_81

Reason: mis-use of the bid retraction process. Once you make a bid on an item, you must carry on with it (i.e. it is binding), and if you are the high bidder, then you win the item, and must pay for the item within a reasonable timeframe.
Under special circumstances, you can retract a bid, e.g. if you incorrectly entered your highest bid, or if the seller changes the description after your bid is made.
Note that you should not, under any circumstances, mis-use this tool to retract a bid that you had no intention on making.

The user bad_wolf_81 did exactly that - made a bid, retracted it very quickly saying "entered wrong amount", but did nothing else afterwards.
If you're going to say you put the wrong bid on, you should immediately correct it with the amount you intended to bid.

I am cracking down on these buyers - messing me about like this is not tolerated. If you place a bid, you want the item. If you want the item, you have the means to pay for it. Etc etc. You don't mess me around.

Action taken: banned from purchasing from me again. Please be aware of this user in case they try to do the same thing to yourselves!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 3rd, 2019, 4:45 pm

Update 12/03/19

Buyer added to list: roabcs

Reason: incorrect negative feedback left (left a negative feedback for an item they only just paid for, then left a follow up saying wrong feedback left") - have had to ask eBay customer service to remove it.

Action taken: Banned from purchasing from me again - may cancel transaction and issue refund at my discretion

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 14th, 2020, 4:56 pm

Update time... (3/14/20)

I didn't want to have to make this post... but the principles of buying and selling on eBay apply to anyone, no matter how often you buy from me, or how many items you buy from me.

So the next update concerns...

glenrue

They have been a very good buyer in the past, and have bought various mixed job lots of batteries from me (usually alkaline and zinc carbon AA batteries). The nature of such lots means that there may well be variations between each battery, in regards to performance.

Of particular note is this paragraph:

I have tested these with a digital multimeter and they all have a voltage of 1.0V or higher, with the vast majority of the batteries reading 1.2V or higher. Therefore, they still have a decent amount of charge left.
The voltage readings vary by battery and are mostly 1.2V-1.4V.
They have all been briefly tested in a portable device and they all work as intended. Performance may vary between batteries, due to variations in voltage readings, and will depend on the device being used.
(Please note, they are not brand new and will not have 100% of their capacity left - hence listing as used.)

So these batteries that I am selling, are not new (hence why it says "used" right at the top of the page), clearly state that they don't have 100% capacity remaining, and, from the description, have to have a voltage of 1.0V or more (which should be fine for the vast majority of low to medium drain appliances).

Whenever I receive single use batteries for testing, they get tested on a multimeter, to make sure that they have enough voltage left to run an appliance. Anything less than 1.0V is dead. Anything above 1.0V still has some life left in it. Anything above 1.5V is pretty much brand new (and reserved for other listings/uses).
Most batteries that I receive have at least 1.2V, hence the description.

This all, of course, depends on the device that you are using these batteries in. See the above quote from the description:

Performance may vary between batteries, due to variations in voltage readings, and will depend on the device being used.

If you are using them in a medium/high drain device, they will stop working at a much higher voltage than if used in a low drain device. The listings re-iterate this, with zinc based batteries being ideal in "low drain devices" and alkaline batteries being ideal in "low to medium drain" devices.
Medium to high drain devices are only recommended when I list rechargeable AA batteries (since high drain devices will go through any type of battery extremely quickly), and you certainly won't be getting 50x rechargeable batteries for £1.99, or less (plus postage costs, obviously).

To put all of the above into context, a trip to your local Poundland shop (assuming you have one where you live) will net you 30x Zinc Carbon batteries for £2. So not only is it less than the amount provided in one of my listings, they're also less powerful (assuming you've picked a set of alkalines).
On most devices, a 1.3V (typical) alkaline battery from one of my job lots will outperform a 1.5V (brand new, out of the packet) Zinc Carbon/Zinc Chloride "heavy duty" battery. And of course, a 1.3V (typical) Zinc Carbon battery will last even less.

The problems began in the first lot (my responses in red):

I have few issues with these three lots.

60 zinc batteries - you sent 67 but 16 are dud and only good for recycling some are even leaking 3 have almost nothing in so only 46 good.
(I do not send leaking batteries out so something must have happened in the shipping. The rest must have either dropped voltage when in storage, or used on a device which requires more power than what Zinc Carbon can provide.)

50 Energiser - you sent 52 1 dud 9 almost nothing in 42 good. (Again, see above - also note in the description that performance may vary between batteries)

50 Powerzone -you sent 54 0 duds 3 almost nothing 51 good so ok. (Why the need to complain?)

Postage is the major problem. Package was 8.2kg with Hermes even collected this should have cost £6.20 (direct from Hermes it is £6.50) but you charged me £9.99. Excess charge of £3.79 (have you heard about packaging costs, e.g. the box, sellotape etc, or the fees applied to postage charges? I do not make any money out of postage, and bear in mind that I gave you combined shipping anyway) can I have a partial refund for this amount and I will live with the dud zinc batteries as they were cheap.

These were swiftly resolved by offering a £4.00 partial refund - to cover the excess postage charges and the price of the Zinc batteries (essentially making the zinc batteries free). I barely made any profit on this lot.

They then purchased another lot, waited a week, and then has complaints(again, my response in red):

I have tested them with mixed results see below:

Powerone
50 sold and 50 sent - 1 is dead and 3 are very low and unusable (this is still 46/50 batteries good - bear in mind what I said about performance varying with regards to each device)

Duracell
50 sold 52 sent - 7 are dead (again, 45/50 perfectly fine - I even had the decency to throw in some extras, due to issues they had previously)

Zinc carbon
60 sold 69 sent - 6 are very low unusable and 26 are dead (I'm struggling to believe that 26 zinc batteries were no good. Are you using them in devices that are not meant to be used with zinc batteries? Either that, or they self drained when in storage - as I know for a fact that these Zinc's were recently tested and were all well above the 1.0V threshold. In fact, when recently testing Zinc's, I have been discarding some that were still above 1V, but less than 1.1V, since they sometimes have a very poor ability to deliver a decent current draw.)

With this, I gave them their £0.99 back, which was the cost of the 60x Zinc batteries. They still have complaint!

But that will just be 99p and I paid £7.50 in postage when 32 batteries are useless even after the extras you sent so I am paying to ship stuff for recycling.
(How the fuck can this be true?! The mixed Zinc Carbon batteries were free to you - and most supermarkets have battery recycling facilities. You got almost 30x zinc batteries for free!)

Up to 10kg with Hermes is £6.50 so they can be sent much cheaper than £7.50. (Please note that eBay charge a 10% commission on P&P costs, and PayPal charge a 3.4% commission on P&P costs. Hence, my £7.50 postage charge, actually becomes £6.49 after paying the fees - i.e. exactly what I paid Hermes! This does not include the cost of packaging, i.e. the box, bubble wrap, sellotape, postage label, 30 minutes of wrapping them up ready for dispatch. So any less, and I'll be making a loss on postage.
Plus, if you'd have bought each lot separately, with no combined postage costs, it would be 2x £3.90 + 1x £3.70 = £11.50 postage. So you saved £4 by me combining the postage for each lot, into one parcel!)

I need a partial refund on the postage as well to make it right. (Err, nope...)

...and then it continued...

...it makes it a poor deal for me.

I will have to reflect this in the feedback. (By all means, leave whatever feedback you want to, but considering you got almost 30 batteries for free, do you really think that would go by un-noticed?)

Or I can just return them as they are not as described which will give me full refund and you will have to pay return postage.
(This is flat out fraud! As you stated in your first message, only the Zinc batteries are too low for your requirements, and that may well have been down to the equipment used. All alkaline batteries are as described, which you stated - so a false and fraudulent INAD would not be accepted - and as for the Zinc batteries, you've already been given a refund, so you can't INAD something you already got for free!)

I can buy 100 new AAs for £14 post paid (and so what?! As mentioned before, zinc carbon batteries - i.e. the batteries you had problems with - would cost £2 per 30x batteries from your nearest Poundland store, and would perform worse than the 50x PowerOne or 50x Duracell that you bought off me.)

If you really want a bargain, I have previously sold job lots of 200x mixed alkaline batteries. They have sold as cheaply as £0.99 plus shipping - hence I have stopped selling them in job lots of 200, as they were completely unfeasible. But that would give you 200x alkaline batteries for just over £8 - not 100 for £14.

I also know your name, email address, and residential address - so if you did try falsifying an INAD then I'd be seeing you in your local court. It's also en route to my work, so I can easily call in there and settle a case with you if you wanted to go down that route!

They have since settled on my final offer of sending them an extra 10x alkaline batteries - so they will have had more alkalines than what they paid for in the listing, plus almost 30x FREE Zinc Carbon batteries! If that doesn't make you happy, what will?!
Plus, I have not only tested them (to make sure they are at a good voltage level), I just quickly trickle-charged them as well - so this time, there's no possibility whatsoever of them underperforming! Thus costing me extra in both postage and electricity!

Needless to say, you won't be getting my custom ever again. You were one of my regular buyers of alkaline and zinc batteries. Now, you're BANNED!
Do not come anywhere near my eBay listings again. Visit your local Poundland store, or get your "100x new batteries for £14" from someone else.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 21st, 2020, 12:33 am

Update 3/21/20

Buyer added to list: wilmei-7535

Reason: refused to pay for a job lot of 79x Apple Care Protection Plan CDs. There were 79 in the job lot... you paid 99p plus shipping... I gave you plenty of warning...

Not only that, however - because of where they are located, I cannot even relist them right now because the location they are in will be completely inaccessible for the foreseeable future (due to COVID-19 related issues).

Thanks a lot! You deserve to be banned - don't come anywhere near my listings again.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 6th, 2020, 11:00 pm

Update 4/6/20

Buyer added to list: chcar-1699

Reason: Made a bid on a listing very early on during its duration. Won the auction at a price of £4.00 plus postage (this was for a scrap portable hard drive).
Then sent me various messages, as follows:

3/29 21:08: : Buyer asked to cancel the order.
3/29 21:08: : Buyer asked to cancel the order
4/02 19:06: : Buyer asked to cancel the order. 4 00
4/03 05:51: : Buyer asked to cancel the order.

4/05 12:30: Unpaid item closed for item

Please also note this text in the item description:

"Making An Offer:

When an offer is made it must be followed through. Only proceed if you are 100% sure you want to go ahead with it. Bear in mind that it may take up to 48hrs for an offer to be accepted.
If other people have access to your account, this is your responsibility and risk, and "my child did it without me knowing" is not an acceptable reason to cancel an offer. Only in rare circumstances will the request to cancel an offer be accepted.
Bear in mind that if an item has a lot of watchers on it, when a buyer accepts an offer, they then lose all these other potential buyers as it will have a different item number if / when it is relisted. Failure to follow through on an offer is likely to end in an unpaid item for the buyer which could alter their standing on ebay. You cannot leave feedback on an item which is subject to a resolution issue."

The same goes for auctions - only proceed with bidding on my item if you are 100% sure you want to do it!

An unpaid item has now been recorded on this person's account - and, needless to say, they are also banned from purchasing from me. I do not like dealing with these timewasters!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 6th, 2020, 11:02 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update 4/6/20

Buyer added to list: chcar-1699

Reason: Made a bid on a listing very early on during its duration. Won the auction at a price of £4.00 plus postage (this was for a scrap portable hard drive).
Then sent me various messages, as follows:

3/29 21:08: : Buyer asked to cancel the order.
3/29 21:08: : Buyer asked to cancel the order
4/02 19:06: : Buyer asked to cancel the order. 4 00
4/03 05:51: : Buyer asked to cancel the order.

4/05 12:30: Unpaid item closed for item

Please also note this text in the item description:

"Making An Offer:

When an offer is made it must be followed through. Only proceed if you are 100% sure you want to go ahead with it. Bear in mind that it may take up to 48hrs for an offer to be accepted.
If other people have access to your account, this is your responsibility and risk, and "my child did it without me knowing" is not an acceptable reason to cancel an offer. Only in rare circumstances will the request to cancel an offer be accepted.
Bear in mind that if an item has a lot of watchers on it, when a buyer accepts an offer, they then lose all these other potential buyers as it will have a different item number if / when it is relisted. Failure to follow through on an offer is likely to end in an unpaid item for the buyer which could alter their standing on ebay. You cannot leave feedback on an item which is subject to a resolution issue."

The same goes for auctions - only proceed with bidding on my item if you are 100% sure you want to do it!

An unpaid item has now been recorded on this person's account - and, needless to say, they are also banned from purchasing from me. I do not like dealing with these timewasters!

:banned: :doh2: :msnslap: :#

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 13th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Updates 6/13/20

Buyers added to the list:

etorzec0 and lurob_73

Reason(s) for adding buyers to list are as follows:

Etorzec0: Lowball offers that are well below market value for the items in question. But the real reason is...

"If you accept my offer, would you be so kind as to be willing to hand deliver said goods yourself to me at my address in the Gipsyville area of Hull to avoid postage charges?"

They also had a registered address of Scunthorpe.
1) Scunthorpe is not that far away from Hull
2) I am not local to either Scunthorpe or Hull so there is no way that hand delivery would even be possible!

I can only assume that etorzec0 has got confused with another seller?!
Anyway.... don't push it. You're banned!

Lurob_73: by not having the skills to read an item description before purchasing the item... if it says "for parts or not working" as the condition, and "no returns" in the description, you don't purchase it and then create a "not as described" case because "it doesn't charge"!
For Parts Or Not Working is defined as: "An item that does not function as intended and is not fully operational. This includes items that are defective in ways that render them difficult to use, items that require service or repair, or items missing essential components. See the seller's listing for full details"

Well, you'd better make sure that my parcel arrives safely back at my address. If you don't, then I will be taking action against you. I even offered you a partial refund of £5.60 and you refused it!

Therefore, it's no surprise to say that you won't be buying from me ever again either...

And just as a precedent... any other stupid offers from now on, or stupid statements like the above, will result in a ban without further notice!

edit: checked the postcode of etorzec and it turns out, that's a banned user (already on my list) trying to sneak back in. So we'll add multiple accounts and ban evasion to the list.

Return to “The Marketplace”