Ebay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder

Re: Ebay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Feb 12th, 2018, 22:59

spotify95 wrote:Now then, is this just me, or is February 2018 the month of dodgy buyers?! This is the 3rd time in a few days that I've had to update this list...

Here we have an absolute gem. I didn't think this would ever happen, but here goes...

User in question: jimmynock38

This buyer didn't even have the chance to pay for their item - because I wasn't going to allow them to insult me in the way that they did, regarding eBay's "Best Offer" feature.

Now, to clarify this feature to those who are eBay novices: if you see a listing that has a "Best Offer", and you don't want to pay the full price, then you send the seller a sensible offer that you are willing to pay. You don't waste their time with silly, ridiculous, insulting offers... and if you don't want to pay close to the asking price, you look elsewhere.

So what do you think my reaction would be to someone offering less than 1/3rd of what I am asking?!

This person made an offer on my string of 48ft festoon lights (24 bulb holders total), which I have up for sale at £65. Looking on eBay, this is near to the going rate for festoon strings, plus it gives myself (and @Kyx who helped me out with these lights) a bit of profit when they sell. They are in good condition, so are worth the asking price (or close to it).
So imagine my reaction when I get offered just £20 for the set of lights, including P&P?

£20 will not buy the light string, ever.... It will only just buy the lightbulbs that are supplied with it (and then you'd still have to find a fitting to use with said light bulbs). If I sold that string for £20, then I would make £11.50 after fees and postage deductions, i.e. almost a £30 loss. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

When I last looked, £20 including postage would only just buy you a string of 10 festoon lights from the Far East; the aforementioned lights will be of questionable quality, will take over a week to arrive (unlike my choice of next day courier), and certainly won't include any light bulbs...

I'd rather put the lights back up in the room that I was going to use them in, and give the area a nice bit of additional light...

Moral of the story: Be sensible with your offers and don't insult sellers by "offering" 1/3rd of the asking price! If you want cheap lights, or want to give insulting offers, look at other sellers' listings - not mine!

Action: Offer refused (obviously...). Jimmynock38, you won't get a chance to revise your offer and submit a sensible offer, because you're also banned from purchasing from me! Now be gone.... and stay gone!

See attachments for more evidence/reasoning.... I have only decided to blank out their residential address because I am in a nice mood.
I bet your morals regardless of your mood would stop you ousting their address. ;)

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
Founder and the king of TBAAJ

Postby spotify95 » Mar 11th, 2018, 10:50

Time for another update....

User in question: ewagarne-0

Reason: did not pay for item. I am always suspicious of 0 feedback buyers as they are usually the ones to cause trouble regarding non payments. This member was no exception - did not pay after several reminders and an unpaid item case being opened. Probably a duplicate account of someone else, to cause disruption to sellers.

They have had an unpaid item strike applied to their account and are unwelcome from purchasing from me again. I will also change my settings so that people with less than a certain amount of feedbacks will have to contact me prior to purchase.

pinkteddyx64
Co-founder

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Mar 16th, 2018, 15:37

spotify95 wrote:Time for another update....

Reason: did not pay for item. I am always suspicious of 0 feedback buyers as they are usually the ones to cause trouble regarding non payments. This member was no exception - did not pay after several reminders and an unpaid item case being opened. Probably a duplicate account of someone else, to cause disruption to sellers.

They have had an unpaid item strike applied to their account and are unwelcome from purchasing from me again. I will also change my settings so that people with less than a certain amount of feedbacks will have to contact me prior to purchase.

I'll give it another month before you find another deadbeat buyer. :(

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Mar 16th, 2018, 17:46

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Deadbeat buyers are a pain in the backside. The majority of buyers will co-operate with you - such as the buyer of a job lot of batteries I was listing. Had to end the listing early due to access issues with the battery lot in question, so sold the batteries to what was the high bidder. Explained that they would need to pay that evening to avoid a cancellation - sure enough, batteries paid for that evening and batteries dispatched today. Excellent! :)

It's the minority who either (a) don't co-operate, or (b) flat out refuse to contact you and don't pay, that upset eBay selling for the vast majority - and it's that small minority that this N&S thread is for - so that other eBay sellers can immediately block such timewasters and save themselves the hassle.

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Mar 18th, 2018, 13:01

Okay, here's a special one. I wasn't expecting this!

Our next deserving victim of this list is:

patricmill94

They deserve a special mention. Maybe they don't know how to properly leave Feedback, but they left me a positive comment.... and gave me a neutral! Neutral feedbacks are only supposed to be given if there is a problem; if you are happy with the transaction, then leave a positive!

Their comment was as follows: "Delivered and quality as expected" so if you're happy with the item (an FM rooftop aerial) then you should leave a positive! I can't see exactly what stars they gave me, as eBay have sneakily removed the function of generating reports, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they dinged my stars unreasonably.

And for the record, there were no problems with the transaction, as they haven't sent me any messages or communications (therefore, the item was as described - as I always describe my items accurately), and the tracking information shows that the item was delivered on time and with no issues.

Mis-use of the feedback is against eBay's policies and therefore the feedback has been reported to eBay. You are also BANNED from purchasing from me ever again - no matter what address you live at. And don't create multi's to circumvent this as anyone else at your residential address will also be banned.

Now be gone - and learn how the feedback system works before leaving feedback to any other seller!

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Apr 1st, 2018, 23:27

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

You said...? (And no, this isn't an April Fools joke...)

4th time unlucky for this list...
Here we go again, so soon after the last update...
Another deadbeat non paying bidder!

This time it's....

ttp1963

Reason: Made a bid quite early in the listing, on a job lot of batteries I was selling. Of course, they didn't pay when the auction ended. They have since not paid at all, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, multiple payment reminders, private messages warning them of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £2.20 plus P&P, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford £6 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before:

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time (I have to relist) and also other people's time, especially if there are multiple bids (as in this case) and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. I've sent the 2nd Chance Offer through to the underbidder - let's just hope they accept. Otherwise I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.
Make sure you have the means to pay BEFORE bidding as placing a bid is a legally binding contract to buy the item if you win.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time chasing them about, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to bid on the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

ttp1963, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

:banned:

pinkteddyx64
Co-founder

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Apr 2nd, 2018, 00:05

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

This time it's....

ttp1963

Reason: Made a bid quite early in the listing, on a job lot of batteries I was selling. Of course, they didn't pay when the auction ended. They have since not paid at all, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, multiple payment reminders, private messages warning them of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £2.20 plus P&P, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford £6 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying on eBay.

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time (I have to relist) and also other people's time, especially if there are multiple bids (as in this case) and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. I've sent the 2nd Chance Offer through to the underbidder - let's just hope they accept. Otherwise I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.
Make sure you have the means to pay BEFORE bidding as placing a bid is a legally binding contract to buy the item if you win.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time chasing them about, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to bid on the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

ttp1963, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

I wonder if we can get through a whole calendar month this year without you having to add anymore to this thread? :(

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » May 18th, 2018, 18:34

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

This time it's....

ttp1963

I wonder if we can get through a whole calendar month this year without you having to add anymore to this thread? :(

Almost !

It's now 5/18/18 and we have another special addition. Let me introduce you to...

decomda

This person left me a neutral feedback on a set of 10x batteries that they purchased from me, with their wording being "Item arrived very fast & well packaged. Sadly batteries do not hold charge long".

Well, if I was selling a brand new set of batteries, or a job lot of high capacity batteries, then I would accept that. But no, the item in question is a job lot of used AA/AAA Ni-Cd batteries, whose initial capacities were approx. 600mAh for the AA batteries or 250mAh for the AAA batteries.
Ni-Cd batteries are relatively low in capacity and have been superseded by high capacity Ni-MH batteries. Therefore, if you want high capacity batteries, you purchase some batteries that have more than 600mAh rated capacity!

In what in the following sentence is so hard to understand:

Tested on my Ni-Cd battery charger and all batteries charge up and hold a good charge (1.4V). Also tested on a portable radio and powers up fine. Capacity not checked/tested.

If the description states that the capacity has not been checked/the batteries have not been tested for total runtime, then there are no guarantees as to what the capacity will be like. I do not capacity test my Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries because I simply do not have the time to do so; capacity testing the batteries at the low currents that are required would result in far too much time being spent and the sale of the batteries in question not being feasible once electricity costs have been factored in.

Moreover, 600mAh or 250mAh is not a high capacity and will not deliver a long run time in a high drain device. The listing states that they are "ideal for low drain devices", whereby raw capacity and long run time is not a major requirement. So please make sure to read the listing and the item details/description before you click the "place bid" or "buy it now" button! If you want a long run time, buy high capacity Ni-MH, and not 600mAh or 250mAh Ni-Cd batteries!

I often have higher capacity batteries for sale anyway, and if not, then I have plenty of high capacity Ni-MH batteries available, so you could have just asked for the batteries that were more to your requirements, and I would have sold you some.

This person has been banned from purchasing from me again. Decomda, you are not welcome to purchase from me again, and when you purchase from other sellers, read the item description before you buy or bid! Now be gone and stay gone!

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Jun 3rd, 2018, 13:34

myriad*seller added to the list.

angelah1847 added to the list.

Reason: derailing a topic I made on the eBay community and saying how I should be a business seller even though I am not a business.
Just because I buy some items to sell on for the most miniscule of profits (sometimes less than £1 - sometimes barely breaking even), or because I charged someone 1p for a Giffgaff SIM (in the hope of getting some Giffgaff Payback from new recruits via eBay) does not make me a business. I do not sell enough items to be a business and I certainly don't make enough money to become a business!

Unsurprisingly, the above people have also been added to my Ignore List. Now just leave me alone, don't derail any discussions I happen to make - and don't buy from me, either. :p Because you're not welcome! :D

plasticpiggie added to the list.

thunderboltme added to the list.

danielrlee1980 added to the list.

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Jul 25th, 2018, 17:44

It's been a while, but here we go again...
How many more dead beat bidders am I going to get?

This time it's....

11mick1990

Reason: Placed multiple bids on a job lot of batteries I was selling and didn't pay when the auction ended. They did not pay at all during the previous 6 days, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, a payment reminder via eBay message, including a warning of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £3.20 plus P&P, and the person made multiple bids on the item, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford approx. £7 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying battery lots on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before: (my stance on this has not changed since the first time this was posted)

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate with me - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time, since I have to relist; and also other people's time. This is especially the case if there are multiple bids, as there were in this case, and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. If my 2nd Chance Offer doesn't get accepted by my underbidder, I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to purchase the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

11mick1990, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

pinkteddyx64
Co-founder

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jul 25th, 2018, 17:48

spotify95 wrote:It's been a while, but here we go again...

This time it's....

11mick1990

Reason: Placed multiple bids on a job lot of batteries I was selling and didn't pay when the auction ended. They did not pay at all during the previous 6 days, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, a payment reminder via eBay message, including a warning of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £3.20 plus P&P, and the person made multiple bids on the item, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford approx. £7 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying battery lots on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before: (my stance on this has not changed since the first time this was posted)

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate with me - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time, since I have to relist; and also other people's time. This is especially the case if there are multiple bids, as there were in this case, and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. If my 2nd Chance Offer doesn't get accepted by my underbidder, I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to purchase the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

11mick1990, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

Oh dear, are we going to have these deadbeats at least once a month? :doh2: :rolleyes:

spotify95

Postby spotify95 » Jul 25th, 2018, 19:31

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:It's been a while, but here we go again...

This time it's....

11mick1990

Oh dear, are we going to have these deadbeats at least once a month? :doh2: :rolleyes:

I hope not, but I don't want them at all, because they waste my time! And of course sellers are charged fees from eBay as soon as the item sells, regardless of payment. Hence you have to open an unpaid item dispute (and wait 6 days in total from when the item sells!) to get your fees reimbursed.
All whilst losing your chances of being able to sell your item to an underbidder...

Return to “The Marketplace”