HP 15 P Series Laptops

For discussion of personal computing and gaming, whether on a desktop, laptop, notebook or netbook as well as gaming consoles. Includes dedicated sub-forums for Mac OS X, Linux and Microsoft Office, as well as gaming consoles and their associated game titles.
spotify95
A jungle man

HP 15 P Series Laptops

Postby spotify95 » July 23rd, 2019, 11:03 am

I believe that the HP 15 "P Series" laptops are by far the worst laptops when it comes to repairs and upgrades.

To tell if your laptop is a P-Series laptop, look at the model number.
If it is in the format "15-pXXXxx" (e.g. 15-p189na) then it is one of these laptops.

Here is the HP Service Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554

Note that you have to remove the motherboard just to upgrade the RAM inside this PC, which is very difficult to repair such a standard commonplace item. The fan/heatsink assembly also requires motherboard removal, but this is surprisingly commonplace in some laptops...

I have one of these laptops myself and would ideally want to upgrade from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM (as there is a spare RAM slot). But is it worth it, since it is so difficult to perform....

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: HP 15 P Series Laptops

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 23rd, 2019, 11:52 am

spotify95 wrote:I believe that the HP 15 "P Series" laptops are by far the worst laptops when it comes to repairs and upgrades.

To tell if your laptop is a P-Series laptop, look at the model number.
If it is in the format "15-pXXXxx" (e.g. 15-p189na) then it is one of these laptops.

Here is the HP Service Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554

Note that you have to remove the motherboard just to upgrade the RAM inside this PC, which is very difficult to repair such a standard commonplace item. The fan/heatsink assembly also requires motherboard removal, but this is surprisingly commonplace in some laptops...

I have one of these laptops myself and would ideally want to upgrade from 8GB RAM to 16GB RAM (as there is a spare RAM slot). But is it worth it, since it is so difficult to perform....

See, this is why I'm glad I've still got my 9 year old laptop as it still serves me well for what I use it for, despite it's age, and upgrading the disk drive and RAM was a simple case of unscrewing underneath and doing that also gives easy access to the CPU/Heatsink.

But hey, at least you don't have the same issues with it burning it's out like that Acer laptop that has overheating issues, right?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Computer hardware & software”