Windows Movie Maker

For discussion of personal computing and gaming, whether on a desktop, laptop, notebook or netbook as well as gaming consoles. Includes dedicated sub-forums for Mac OS X, Linux and Microsoft Office, as well as gaming consoles and their associated game titles.
JessPlaysGames

Windows Movie Maker

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 5:21 pm

@spotify95 @pinkteddyx64

Do either of you have Windows Movie Maker and are an expert at using it?

I'm thinking of using it for our YouTube videos, but I'm not that good at using it :o

I do have a good slow motion video camera app we can use for filming in slow motion though, which will be useful occasionally :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Windows Movie Maker

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 5:22 pm

Kyx wrote:@spotify95 @pinkteddyx64

I'm thinking of using it for our YouTube videos, but I'm not that good at using it :o

I do have a good slow motion video camera app we can use for filming in slow motion though, which will be useful occasionally :)

:yep: & :yep:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 5:23 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Awesome :D

So you can be the editor, and crop the clips and add music and whatever :D

Can you create a cool intro?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 5:25 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Awesome :D

So you can be the editor, and crop the clips and add music and whatever :D

Can you create a cool intro?

:yep: to both.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 3rd, 2017, 5:36 pm

All of my Youtube videos have been made via Windows Movie Maker :yep: so I know how to use it :)

It would definitely come in handy for Youtube - just make sure to use 1080p though, not 1440p or 4k as Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker don't like anything above 1080p.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 5:49 pm

spotify95 wrote:

All of my Youtube videos have been made via Windows Movie Maker :yep: so I know how to use it :)

It would definitely come in handy for Youtube - just make sure to use 1080p though, not 1440p or 4k as Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker don't like anything above 1080p.

I hated the Windows Movie Maker in Windows Vista as it always refused to save videos in HD above about three minutes, no matter what powerful computer I used. :unimpressed: :#

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 6:18 pm

Kyx wrote:Thanks :D

Can you ever remember using Windows Vista?

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 6:27 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

:nah:

I don't know what version they used in schools in 2002/3 but that's the first one I used :o

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 6:30 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I don't know what version they used in schools in 2002/3 but that's the first one I used :o

Windows Vista was released in 2007, so the newest it would've been at the time would have been Windows XP but they might have just as easily have been using Windows 2000.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 6:38 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Windows Vista was released in 2007, so the newest it would've been at the time would have been Windows XP but they might have just as easily have been using Windows 2000.

Then I don't think so :o

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 3rd, 2017, 9:28 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

I hated the Windows Movie Maker in Windows Vista as it always refused to save videos in HD above about three minutes, no matter what powerful computer I used. :unimpressed: :#

There's your problem. Vista was shit anyway, you'd have been better off either with Windows 7 (if your computer could handle Vista OK) or Windows XP (if it struggled with Vista). Nowadays, anything that's not running Windows 7 or newer is unsupported by Microsoft.

Did they even have HD back in the days of Vista?

Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 is really good though, I've saved HD videos beforehand with WMM for W7. There was one video that I stuck to 480p for, and that was because it was very long (about 30 minutes) and also because I was using the Acel Shitspire 5742 back then. (That was before my HP laptop was purchased.)
The Acel Shitspire overheated itself very quickly and would conk out if pegged at full CPU usage for any length of time above 2 minutes, which saving via HD would have resulted in.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 9:31 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

There's your problem. Vista was shit anyway, you'd have been better off either with Windows 7 (if your computer could handle Vista OK) or Windows XP (if it struggled with Vista). Nowadays, anything that's not running Windows 7 or newer is unsupported by Microsoft.

Did they even have HD back in the days of Vista?

Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 is really good though, I've saved HD videos beforehand with WMM for W7. There was one video that I stuck to 480p for, and that was because it was very long (about 30 minutes) and also because I was using the Acel Shitspire 5742 back then. (That was before my HP laptop was purchased.)
The Acel Shitspire overheated itself very quickly and would conk out if pegged at full CPU usage for any length of time above 2 minutes, which saving via HD would have resulted in.

Yes there was HD back then.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 9:57 pm

Can either of you (or both, we could make it a competition :p) make a good, approx. 30 second, introduction pls :)

The YouTube channel is called Quantum Quasar :)

I don't know what to put in the intro and can't really find any good music for it :(

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 3rd, 2017, 10:00 pm

Kyx wrote:Can either of you (or both, we could make it a competition :p) make a good, approx. 30 second, introduction pls :)

I don't know what to put in the intro and can't really find any good music for it :(

Sure, but only if you help me get CTAM to 112000 by tonight, even if you only post one or two between me posting ten in a row. :H

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 3rd, 2017, 10:10 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:Can either of you (or both, we could make it a competition :p) make a good, approx. 30 second, introduction pls :)

Sure, but only if you help me get CTAM to 112000 by tonight, even if you only post one or two between me posting ten in a row. :H

Sure :p

Return to “Computer hardware & software”