You just crashed that segue again, didn't you Heart FM!!

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

You just crashed that segue again, didn't you Heart FM!!

Postby spotify95 » June 22nd, 2017, 10:28 am

Continuation of various threads that I can't be bothered to list as there are so many of them on various fora.

I have just listened to Heart FM for the last few minutes (as Connect FM, my local station, was playing shit, and Capital FM was on an advert break) and they haven't improved from 2012/2013.

They still seem to be crashing segues here, there and absolutely everywhere. Many of them crash into vocals at the wrong time, often disrupting the flow of the station/music and most songs don't reach their natural fade point.

I mentioned this somewhere on here a few days with two relatively modern songs getting a crash, whereby if they had waited a few seconds longer, the transition would have been smooth.

Today at 10:16am they played Cutting Crew - I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight (or whatever the song is called) and the segue (and "This Is Heart ident marker) just crashed in, taking a good 20-30 seconds off the song. You're not supposed to do this, and you're not supposed to fire a segue which will crash vocals and mess up the song.

The same went for the following song Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm, the presenter (Toby Anstis) just crashed in and started talking over the last 10-15 seconds of the song, whilst the vocals were still playing. WHY?! This is just sloppy broadcasting and unprofessional (though Toby Anstis isn't new at doing this, he's been hacking up various songs in 2013 too, when I last listened on a regular basis (and then finally tuned out)).

Moral of the story: Don't listen to Heart, they are still just as bad as what they were like in 2013 (and previously) when various threads about this were made on DS. I can't wait for digital listening to hit 50% and thus initiate an FM switch off (and a switch to DAB) for the big national and semi-national stations, such as Heart.

Note: for those who don't know, a "segue" is a smooth transition between one element and the next (i.e. between two songs). On Heart FM, these transitions are often far from smooth, crashing the vocals and cutting through the song when it still has a substantial amount of time left to play.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: You just crashed that segue again, didn't you Heart FM!!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 22nd, 2017, 1:42 pm

Can I teargas their studios for this? :teehee:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Music and radio”