More Music Variety....

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

More Music Variety....

Postby spotify95 » March 9th, 2014, 1:08 pm

...what does this phrase really mean?

Is there any radio station that offers a varied playlist? To me, it seems like the ones that offer "more music variety" don't seem to play much variety at all!

Further, which other stations are particularly bad at variety? The "less music variety" duo (Capital and Kiss) have played a couple of songs more than 3 times in 3 hours!
Last week, they played that Happy song (is it Pharrell Williams?) 5 times in 3 hours! Come on where is the variety!

So... which stations can claim to provide "More Music Variety"? Discuss....

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: More Music Variety....

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 9th, 2014, 6:17 pm

spotify95 wrote:...what does this phrase really mean?

Is there any radio station that offers a varied playlist? To me, it seems like the ones that offer "more music variety" don't seem to play much variety at all!

Further, which other stations are particularly bad at variety? The "less music variety" duo (Capital and Kiss) have played a couple of songs more than 3 times in 3 hours!
Last week, they played that Happy song (is it Pharrell Williams?) 5 times in 3 hours! Come on where is the variety!

BBC Radio 1 perhaps? :confused: :dunno:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 9th, 2014, 6:32 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:...what does this phrase really mean?

BBC Radio 1 perhaps? :confused: :dunno:

I believe that Radio 2 plays the most variety - although I don't listen to it, it always gets greater than 60% on compare my radio

Radio 1 gets 38%: http://comparemyradio.com/stations/BBC_Radio_1

Heart only gets 12%, what variety is that?!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 9th, 2014, 9:10 pm

I wonder what it would be like if Heart ended up becoming a BBC radio station? Do you think that the problems would improve? :cool:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 9th, 2014, 10:07 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I wonder what it would be like if Heart ended up becoming a BBC radio station? Do you think that the problems would improve? :cool:

Good lord, the BBC stations are bad enough as they are - don't want another one!

They wouldn't take Heart on anyway, as Radio 1 caters for the younger people and radio 2 covers the older people - plus you have the local BBC's. That's all the age ranges covered. :)

Don't think they'd do much about the variety of Heart did become a BBC station - nor would the cut off endings improve! :banghead:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 9th, 2014, 10:57 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:I wonder what it would be like if Heart ended up becoming a BBC radio station? Do you think that the problems would improve? :cool:

Good lord, the BBC stations are bad enough as they are - don't want another one!

They wouldn't take Heart on anyway, as Radio 1 caters for the younger people and radio 2 covers the older people - plus you have the local BBC's. That's all the age ranges covered. :)

Don't think they'd do much about the variety of Heart did become a BBC station - nor would the cut off endings improve! :banghead:
True, I guess. :(

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 14th, 2014, 1:51 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

True, I guess. :(

I wonder what the people in Wales and Scotland think to their Real Radio becoming a Heart? ;)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 14th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Riots will ensue. ;)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 23rd, 2017, 8:49 pm

Regarding "More Music Variety", Heart FM no longer has that as their slogan. Probably because they didn't have a lot of variety...

Speaking of, Capital FM have played 3x Rita Ora songs in the last 1 hour 50 minutes. Not bad, eh? A variety of... very poor.

Return to “Music and radio”